GB pike opener today... how are water levels?

kenzy31

was up at my parents place on the weekend and water levels were about the same as last spring but it blew from the south all weekend which normally means low water so my guess is that it seems a bit higher then we thought it was going to be

Dan

Oh man. I didn't know it was today!!!

Good luck!

I can't help you with the water levels, as I have not been up there since the ice was still on.

Got a wedding this weekend. But the weekend after, I'll be out for sure!

Oh man. I didn't know it was today!!!

Good luck!

I can't help you with the water levels, as I have not been up there since the ice was still on.

Got a wedding this weekend. But the weekend after, I'll be out for sure!

Dude, you have to mark that on the calendar, tie a string on your finger, whatever it takes!! lol

Hopefully I'll have something to report tomorrow.

Don't forget mother's day next weekend for your wife and little guy ;)

You CAN hit them staying IN the markers Peter.. trust us... lol

Back to the OP's question... Not sure where you intend to fish in Penetang Harbour, but if off the town dock (only allowed on the far right end last I saw) it's a floater now so a non-issue for lift height after the uneducated (we'll call them vs idiots) tore out the crib dock and spent a million bucks to replace it with floating stuff.

Waub... Marshes had to dredge just to use their docks.

Edited by irishfield

Well Terry, you can hit rocks on Georgian Bay no matter the water level.... where it is now or 6 feet higher. If not sure.. trim and full slow... and make sure the Captain takes you seriously when you say ROCK in a bay he travels almost weekly... LMAO !

Well, no fish to report for us last evening....

But a great time with my wife, a beauty Georgian Bay sunset, and some much needed relaxation! After working 75+ hours at two jobs the last two weeks, it was heaven! We'll be going back for an early morning session hopefully this weekend, as the guys we talked to said they had good action right at dawn.

I remember fishing opener pike outta GB (Key River) and there was constantly a guy on the bow looking for "Prop Wreckers" I remember one guy tore the lower unit off of his motor twice and 2 props in the course of a week, and it wasnt like he was reckless kinda more like bad luck . it wasnt a lot of fun for him sitting around for days waiting for a new lower unit and props brought out to him and then hours to fix. I remember the bill for it all was crazy, luckily for him money wasnt a problem. Is it true you have to have seperate boat insurance for Georgian Bay? I heard that, but wasnt sure if it was true due to all the rocks.