Cottage Resort suggestions

mattyk

A little further north at Beaverland Camp in Marten River? Lots of good reviews and the owners seem like upstanding folks.

http://www.beaverland.on.ca/site/index.php?page=activities

oh, and if you really like it, you could buy it!

http://www.businessreel.com/business/picturesque-fishing-camp-in-northern-ontario-business-for-sale/399433/

Amongst all these suggestions, which ones have the sand beach that Matt is looking for, for his kids?

I'd recommend Lake Temagami... but NOBODY has a sand beach, there are 3, 4 at most on the lake and they are on Crown Land.

Mat,

Take a look at Cozy Cove cottages on Callendar Bay, on the south shore of Nippissing Nice little sandy beach. Play area with swings etc. It is on a small bay loaded with panfish that is sheltered from the big lake that can get bad scary fast. Many places to visit just a short ride to North Bay, everything to do on a rainy day. Matinees at the theatre, restaurants, Mickey D's, big grocery stores and shops. Dionne quintuplits museum at the top of the road. Across the road you can have them pick wild blueberrys all day long. I don't know if the blueberries they eat or the excersize but they will be asleep all night long. There's always the dump for Bear watching. Really good safe boats with electric starts on them. The cottages were spotless..

If you want to venture out on the bay less than a 1/2 mile a great shoal for smallies, pike and walleye.

I hereby declare that I have no affiliation in any way associated with this resort, it's management, ownership, board of directors et all .

Sorry I just couldn't help it. I can be such an A hole sometimes.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Amongst all these suggestions, which ones have the sand beach that Matt is looking for, for his kids?

I'd recommend Lake Temagami... but NOBODY has a sand beach, there are 3, 4 at most on the lake and they are on Crown Land.

This is the reason I suggested Wright Point Resort. Big sand beach that faces southwest for sunsets over the water. Lots of kids toys on the beach also has volleyball net. The beach has an enclosed (roped off) swimming area that has a very large floating island with a kid launcher. The launcher is at one end and a kid sits on it, then someone from the trampoline part of the island jumps to the opposite end of the launcher and you go flying up in the air an into the water.

I am not affiliated with the resort but my cottage is close to it. There are usually families with kids up every week in the summer so the opportunity to make friendship with other families is possible. This place is geared toward families with kids. The fishing for walleye, pike and bass is pretty good.

Another good one that we've been to a few times is Pine Vista Resort on Stoney Lake outside of Lakefield, Ontario.

Great kids programs (give the parents a break) and 'grown-up' programs if you want to take advantage of them. Nice in-ground pool and awesome beach area.

Check it out...

http://www.pinevista.com/

I will 2nd Pine Vista. We stayed there a number of years in a row. Cottages are clean, nice sand beach, nice pool, kids programs, frog catching, canoeing, great fishing with plenty of panfish for kids and bass walleye and musky for Dad. We even rented one of their pontoon boats and toured the lake for the day. It's a beautiful lake. If you are a golfer, as a guest you are able to play Wildfire which is expensive but a spectacular course...and you can get there by boat. Full disclosure: no affiliation, haven't been since '07.