Anyone in the Northern Ontario/Timmins region?

Tayzak15

Hey there I was wondering how many members on here live up north around the Timmins area? Me and my buddies were talking the other day about how it would be cool to get some sort of fishing league going up here throughout the summer. Have like 1-2 meetings per month with say a 25 dollar or so entry fee and have a winner take all type of prize at the end. Just a thought for some competitive fun, we were thinking of doing them on lakes like Horwood, Ivanhoe, Kenogamissi, Mesomikenda, Peterlong, Matagami Lake and the River and so on. Post here if you live in the area or would be interested in something like this.

Ahh ok well if it grows, it could be interesting that's for sure. I know myself I couldn't really make it any farther than New Liskered for a day, but it would be awsome if enough people could join in that we could expand it to all of north eastern ontario eg(northbay to sudbury, up around the timmins/chapleau area and even up to around cochrane.

Hey Tayzak, that is a great idea. I was thinking about doing something like that for years. If you plan on doing it try to stay away from the long drives on gravel roads, but Ivanhoe, Horwood, Mattagami, Kenogamissi are all good areas. Let me know if you need any help with your idea.

this is last year's event we had because the big fire delayed our season and cancelled the mattagami tournament. we had our own event in june:

http://www.wannabefisherman.com/fishing/millions-and-huff-victorious-at-the-2012-mattagami-invitational/

this one in 2011 we had after dismal results by several of us at the Cache tourney on Kenogamissi. It was depressing considering the amount of time we spend on that lake. So, we held the Tournament of Losers: http://www.wannabefisherman.com/fishing/the-losers-champion/

Hey wannabe you know Rick? I work for him in the summer, I'm one of his drivers. I don't have a big fishing boat like you guys haha, I'm still a college student, I had to work hard enough to pick up a 16ft alumacraft utility and 20hp merc :P. If livewells aren't an issue for you guys I would definitely be interested in participating in a few. I still think I'm going to create a facebook page for Northern Ontario fishing sometime this weekend to try and get a solid community going.

Rick from where?

Big boats have their limits... like the small lakes where all the awesome fishing is!

Yeah I know they have their limits. Once I'm done school I want to get a big tournament boat regardless haha. Rick Tremblay, I work for him during the summer months.

Good idea. I'd love to join in but alas reside in southern Ontario. I have fished several of those lakes U mentioned. Never did very well on Misomakenda. Fished some of the lakes a little south of there for the past 6 years. Good luck on your venture.

Im in. We ran a couple the past couple of years, one at kenogamissi and one at mattagami.small, 10 boats and we kept the field to mediocre to crappy anglers lol. So targa couldnt come and take our money!

Come to my site and fb page.

Www.wannabefisherman.com

Ahhhhh why do I get singled out hahaha I like money

Wannabe nah unfortunately I'm not done until april 19th, then I still have another year to go. I just bought a boat this spring actually haha, I had a cartopper (which is very handy and I am keeping) the past few summers, but I decided to get this 16 footer that I can safely take onto the bigger lakes in the area more often as well. Targa don't worry haha if I start organizing these I wouldn't exclude anybody.

Hey everybody I decided to switch it from a page to a group, just to make it easier to have everybody's posts more visible and easier to schedule events

here is the new link

http://www.facebook.com/groups/346287305481969/

send a request to join and I will accept the request a.s.a.p this was you can add your angler friends as well without just mentioning it!