Weedless Prop

nancur373

Hey guys. I got this Motorguide FWFB 46 lbs thrust bow mount. It has the three blade prop. I fish on Pigeon lake where there is a lot of wild rice and it wraps around the prop so much that I contemplate giving up for the day. Do the 2 blade weedless prop make that much of a difference keeping in mind that it is grassy wild rice that is the problem...not cabbage.

The two blade will help...but it really comes down to power.

Don`t think I have to worry there. It`s only a 15` tinny. On max setting it will almost twist off the bow of the boat.lol. always be sure to remember to have the arrow pointing forward when starting or you get wet...lol

Raising the prop helps a bit, but not to much that it cavitiates and scares the fish. If I remember, the night before that I am going to be fishing slop, I will get a small flat file and sharpen the prop edge. Suprisingly how sharp you can get it as well as filing any nicks off the edge. This helps until you wack a big stick or a stone. I have found the 2 blade to be pretty useless. Not worth the pull you lose. If i'm not mistaken the prop I am using on my Motorguide is a Ninja prop.

I fish pigeon at least 3 times a week in the summer. Last year i bought a fortrex 80lb with the gen2 weedless blade, thats the one with the little winglets on the blade to push the weeds away from the prop, and WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! i dont think i honestly got cought up once. And i pushed it through some serious grass. I would recommend that prop to every bass fisherman. Never looked into it but i already heard of guys somehow rigging these props on a motorguide... Its quite a bit of work but must be worth it if the guys are going through all that trouble to get it on.