Guy's weekend at the cottage, pics, fishing related

chris.brock

Guy's weekend at the cotttage turned into 2 guys and a kid's weekend at the cottage. The city slickers didn't want to drive in the snow.

We drove up on Friday morning. A little slow, but not too bad. Most people stayed home and off the highways.

On Saturday, we decided to hit the lake I had done the previous weekend, looking for splake.

To avoid bushwacking, we skirted an area with moving water. My track broke through a little. Matt's sled, with alot more power than the Bravo, just hit the gas. This pic was taken on the trip out.

100_2199_zps9584d728.jpg

Some snowshoeing required

100_2198_zpsb51a1123.jpg

The Bravo loaded up, lots of powder snow

100_2197_zps90cd828c.jpg

A nice, sunny day, very little wind, pretty with the fresh snow

f_zps9132455d.png

splake

h_zps44640427.png

Ryan's first fish through the ice

j_zps7f3372b3.png

Matt with a splake

g_zps37b86ba7.png

Ryan taking a break from fishing

e_zps49c0bc9b.png

watching the tip-ups

a_zps069b5538.png

we landed 8 fish, kept 1 that was hooked bad, the weather was deceptively cold, our holes kept freezing, we were a little lazy and didn't trudge through the deep snow to check our tip-ups, often when we checked, the hole was frozen and the minnow was gone, I think we likely missed 5 bites

We all had a great day, the Leafs beating the Habs 6-0 later, was just a perfect topper

Edited by chris.brock

Awesome! More big splake. I haven't been out for trout in weeks, it's been hard to justify the extra gas with nipissing on fire right on my doorstep, but change is in order. I hear ya about being a little lazy with line checking. I tend to get content just sitting around the fire :canadian:

Edited by Joeytier

Awesome! More big splake. I haven't been out for trout in weeks, it's been hard to justify the extra gas with nipissing on fire right on my doorstep, but change is in order. I hear ya about being a little lazy with line checking. I tend to get content just sitting around the fire :canadian:

yeah, a couple drinks, a nice sunny day, catching fish gets a little less important