Shining tree ice fishing

zenon11

Hi there,

I'm going up to Shining Tree next week for a couple of days of ice fishing. I'm going to be based near West Shining Tree Lake. Are there any good walleye lakes in that area? I've heard mixed things (some say it's fished out, others say it's a dream). I was wondering if anyone had any experience in that area. My friends and I have snowmobiles, so we are pretty mobile. We usually go up to Abitibi, but we couldn't get any lodging. If anyone wants a good place to ice fish, Abitibi is it. But anyway, has anyone here ever ice fished in Shining Tree? I'm not looking for any specific spots, but if anyone could shoot me a PM with some info it'd be much appreciated.

I like to fish in 9ft of water for walleye and close to shore

if you see trees hanging into/fallen into the water good spot...beaver house on shore is good as is bottle neck areas

more of the guys like using minnows and a tree branch as the rod/strike indicator

Are you staying at shining tree camp? We went there last June for the first time and are going back this year. We didn't catch much walleye and mostly ended up fishing for smallmouth as that is what we could catch which was fine for us. Might want to try to get in to Okawakenda if you can. I hear it's good. I'm hoping i can get my boat to it this summer.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get into Nabakwasi? I also have that on my list to try this summer. I believe someone told my it has an ok launch.

Are you staying at shining tree camp? We went there last June for the first time and are going back this year. We didn't catch much walleye and mostly ended up fishing for smallmouth as that is what we could catch which was fine for us. Might want to try to get in to Okawakenda if you can. I hear it's good. I'm hoping i can get my boat to it this summer.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get into Nabakwasi? I also have that on my list to try this summer. I believe someone told my it has an ok launch.

No, we'll be staying at Spruce Shilling Camp. Thanks for the advice.