What do you you heat with?? NF

TJQ

Radiant heat is very expensive to retrofit into a house. It also does not provide for humidification of the air. I installed a electric grid under the tile in my parents bathroom and while nice it is expensive to run but since it is one room and the rest of the room is over the top anyways they deserve it.

Art

Radiant is a good option in new homes.

But it should be inbeded in concreet throughout the main floor of the house along with a central air system that is able to recover the heat and circulate it thoughtout the the house this warms up the entire structure not just the floor or living space.

IMO.

Don.

Radiant is a good option in new homes.

But it should be inbeded in concreet throughout the main floor of the house along with a central air system that is able to recover the heat and circulate it thoughtout the the house this warms up the entire structure not just the floor or living space.

IMO.

Don.

mine is embedded in concert... and i poured a 9 inch slab on the floor... they said i was crazy but it holds the heat.. very very cheap to heat

TJ.. clean the chimney and carry on!! You will NEVER recoupe the costs of changing your oil burner over to LPG... and the oil furnace will still run when SFalls is below -40 !! Coming from a guy that burns countless cords of oak and maple... and still has a $600+ / every three weeks oil bill !

Son's quote for Geothermal for his house new house next door was $18,000. Contractors are doubling the cost knowing the government was rebating 50% as an upgrade. Issue.. you can't get the rebate in a new house, so he has to move in first for six months and then do it. So $9000 to recoupe after rebate from the government + the electrical costs to run the pumps.... that's a LOT of bush cords of wood!

The set up I run at work is radiant heat, in concrete, with propane boilers. It takes forever to heat up a space, and it never feels warm in there.

Maybe I'm just used to the warmth of my airtight wood insert. I dunno, but its never cold in here, and I might burn 2 bush cords per winter. I usually cut 3 and have lots left over.

I've had wood my whole life. I don't think I could NOT have a fire going in the house. Its a part of my lifestyle I guess.

S.

Geothermall is a great idea or concept but the cost of running the system is extreem to say the least.

Current building codes require a system that runs on a fosill fule in order to obtain an occupancy permit.

If you have the $$$ to spend on new technology than good for you but the average person should choose a system that is reliable.

Having said that I am a HUGE fan of new technology when it comes to new houses.

If its wind/solar geo or fosill they all work together?? :clapping:

Looking forward :clapping:

Don.