Simcoe yellows....

bassassin

Went to simcoe on Sunday Jan 27th.

18v dewalt connected to the auger got us through 11" on solid black ice!

brought out the newly engineered homemade hut 4'x8' but i made it collapse down to 4'x4' fits on a trailer hitch cargo carrier. Fishes 3 guys with 2 holes per person!

Only 2 of us on the outing but it was non stop action the whole time. First lures down 2-11"ers right away. I set the hut up in a way that our spread of 4 lures go across the channel so any fish cruising will see it! 8 feet apart we had to hammer finished williams spoons calling the fish in, the inside rods were drop shot long shank small hooks with 3" shiners. Just a single dark split shot on bottom. the hook is only 6" above the shot. Total count for the 2 of us in 7 hours was 150+ perch 70-80 over 9" the rest were 8" and under lost several large fish im assuming they were gaters.... and landed a 5lber. kept 50 over 10" and the pike all boneless fileted... About 15 were over 13" and 1 @ 14"+

sleepy :whistling:

Picture028_zpscc2d9f5d.jpg

The biggest yellow belly of the day

Picture031_zps3bd1184b.jpg

Esox Lucuiose (pooched the spelling on that one) ignore the writing on the wall, my friends are morons!

Picture032_zpsd8e51567.jpg

Total creel at the end of the day!

Picture020_zps2c06746c.jpg

Thanks for reading... Also notice the sping loaded and normal hinges halfway up the side walls? thats where the hut breaks down, same setup for the centre point of the floor.

Edited by bassassin