New member soon to be added to my zoo

motv8tr

Hey all, in the next day or two I will be adding a new member to my family yet again. She doesn't have a name yet, thinking of either Sasha or Zia. She's had a tough 3yrs but I'm confidant the boys and I can help her come around.

gallery_46_17_12956.jpg

Maureen

Ok, I've had this happen before...does the whole picture show up or is hafl missing? I only see half the picture.

Hey Mo, if anyone can help out a pooch that's had a tough couple years, it's you !!

I know a person who calls her husky Sacha, and she's an excellent dog, so maybe that's a good omen if your searching for a name for your new friend.

Thanks guys, she's an Akbash, which is a Turkish flock gaurdian dog. She spent the first three years being bred and tied up outside, and she is very hand shy so I assume she was also physically abused. She's never been inside a house and is very nervous on floors. I have to picik up a couple of runners for her so she can get into the kitchen and out the back door. I also have to do some work on my fence to make sure she doesn't get out. I am picking her up on tuesday from the New Market OSPCA.

It's going to be a lot of work to gain her trust, but from what I've seen when I have spent time with her, she has great potential and will be a real sweet heart once she comes into her own and feels comfortable, but I do expect that will take a bit of time.

I just wish I could have 5 dogs and had an unlimited supply of money, they have two 9 yr old dogs that must go together, their owner is now to old to properly care for them, a couple of real sweeties too...oh well, one day I'll have my farm, get my kennl lisence and bring them all home ;)

Maureen

Maureen

Wrong Wayne, these guys don't keep me from fishing, I just can't be gone all day is all. No, what I need is a fishing partner, or partners closer to home who can put up with a girly fisher :blush::wacko::P Oh, and they need to be able to fish weekdays...I don't ask for much do I :blink::unsure::D

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

She's a real beauty - just look at all the love in her eyes. I'm sure that before too long, she'll seem like she was always part of the family. She's a sweet looking little thing and I'm sure she'll be a great companion. Good for you for saving her! :clapping:

Deb