Who can build me a web site?

krixxer

Can any of you guys help me to get a site up for my shop?

I have a paint shop so I don’t need anything fancy just a few pages contact, info etc…

The last 2 guys I found turned out to be flakes; I need someone reliable someone who will show up on time for an appointment.

This is a paying job if it helps any.

Thanx for the help guys!

Kris

Hey Kris you'd honestly be shocked at how easy it is to build one yourself, especially one as basic as yours.

I'm certainly no expert. The only reason I'm commenting on this is because I'm currently building one myself and am really pleased with how it's turning out.

And I'm not really computer savvy either. In fact I type with one finger.

I'm using Sandvox, it's a Mac based program, but I'm pretty positive there's similar PC based programs out there.

It's so simple it will blow your mind, and after you build one yourself you will see just how much people are being ripped off by web designers.

www.squarespace.com will get you the full package, you will have a professional looking site and you don't need to know a SINGLE piece of code. It's literally click and drag.

I built my last site in a single day, it's really that simple.

I can design the website, if you're open to me using a hosting site. Even though it would be build on a template it would look completely custom. Let me know. (you can see an example at yetifish.com)

Edit: if you need it I can also design a professional logo, email me if you want pics

Edited by Christopher k

Dude, you can't compare a site like that compared to a full blown custom site, lol. That's like comparing an ugly stick and a custom IMX. Sure they are both rods, but that's about all they have in common.

For sure, but for the simple site the OP is looking for you can bang out a good looking site really quickly without breaking the bank on a web designer.

Another positive is you've built it, and you can fix/update etc. at your leisure without destroying the whole thing...

The answer here isn't as simple as what would seem there are a lot of questions that would need to be answered before anyone should really be offering up any sort of answer.

Do you have a domain name, do you have a hosting plan or are you looking for a hosting plan as well, what are you hoping to gain from it, do you need email along with the website, are you planning on advertising it, are you planning on advertising on it, do you want to make regular updates to it for coupons deals etc, do you have a company logo, do you have any high res versions of the logo, do you have vector images of the logo, are you planning on having any scheduling or billing or payments, or even do you have a basic design or even color theme in mind, do you have pictures you want to put up or do you need those taken as well etc...

There are a lot of questions when it comes to a website that aren't answered by the OP. Sure any Joe can go click click and have wordpress installed and type in a things but is that the best thing to represent your livelihood?

As for you built it your designed you fix it at your leisure, well I have seen a number of very basic websites get blown out of the water by having people with limited skills destroy it and that has in turn affected there business. If you are at the point that you are willing to pay for it to be done, get it done right and pay someone to do it.

There are lots of website design sites out there, just check them and compare. If you do it your self go to site that has drag and drop web building software, it is easy to modify a template with your pictures and wording. You will have learn how to use it but make sure they have good phone support. I used GoDaddy, got 2 domain names and a 5 page website including 1 year hosting for less than $100.

There are lots of website design sites out there, just check them and compare. If you do it your self go to site that has drag and drop web building software, it is easy to modify a template with your pictures and wording. You will have learn how to use it but make sure they have good phone support. I used GoDaddy, got 2 domain names and a 5 page website including 1 year hosting for less than $100.

I made my with GoDaddy.com Easy to do.

guys are great! thanks for the confidence on the DIY. I honestly just never though about it.

I have a domain, graphics and all that but I can never find a day to sit down and get the site started. Now that you made it sound this simple I'll be looking into it.

i also went with go-daddy when i did a web site for our unincorporated association and got the domain name registered too. i was quite surprised when they (go-daddy ) called me and offered all the help in the world for free if i was having problems getting things up and running. It was really inexpensive too.