Good morning

Jigger

I'm a little late to the party this morning. Christmas festivities and friends make for a good time, late mornings and strong coffee. Needless to say, it also comes with the rambling mind. So heres mine...

I didn't want to derail any of the other threads going on right now. But with the tragedy of the Conneticut shootings fresh in everyones mind, theres alot of negativity going around. For good reason too. Then I think of the Bigfoot thread. Wait, what... Its not as much of a stretch as it may seem. That thread started in one place but became a good chat. But it also carried with it a negative air. People have there opinions, and they're allowed to. Unfortunately, this comes at the expense of being close minded to other peoples ideas. Walls :wallbash:

I wanted to start a thread earlier in the year about the end times. I dropped the idea, but in retrospect, maybe it would've allowed me more freedom? Sorry, I'm rambling again.

The premise was easy... Lets all suspend belief and assume that we're here for a finite amount of time. Not hard to do if you don't imagine a number, but now we have one! December 21 is your last day on Earth. Yours and everyone elses too. Sorry, but thats the rule. I didn't make it up so please dont assault me. The thread would've gone on to get each poster to challenge themselves to scratch the bucket list down. Is there anything you can think of that you've always wanted to do that is actually in reach but haven't gotten around to? Go and do it! A lake you've always wanted to try? A river thats always called your name, but the drive is a little further than you'd like? Now that I'm writing this, it seems like a good idea again...

I had a tooth pulled on Tuesday. It sucked/sucks. I can't eat properly, I can't talk properly... The quitting smoking thread pops up because I haven't had a smoke since tuesday at 430pm. Thats a big feat for a 20yr pack-o-dayer... Not gonna lie, I did have one last night, but I'm on the horse again. Not that it matters.

Because I've just watched a young lady re-learn how to walk. Things always look easier when you break them down like that. So neatly in a video. The truth, I'm sure, is so far removed from that. Karma is such an awesome thread. Irishfields sig says it better than anything I could.

So lets go back and suspend belief again. For all intents and purposes the timeline comes to an end in 5 days. Again, Im sorry, but I didn't come up with the date. This time, I'm just going to ask that you carry with you a feeling of gratitude for a couple of days. Like at the end of Scrooged with Bill Murray when they're singing "Put a little Love in your Heart". It doesn't matter what you believe in, we're all in this together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj2ofrX7jAk

Good rambling.... Thanks for putting things back in prospective when we all seem to need it. This is the holiday season for all of us but some react differently this time of year. We have many people who do not feel they have anything to be thankful for so there emotions control their views in a different way. Some look at this time of year with despair and do not have the reserve or the guidance to overcome this and tragedy rears it ugly head. For some it is to curl up inside of themselves and hurt in silence. For some it is to act out on things that horrify the nations when it is brought to light.

There is no simple solution if you know of someone who needs some extra love this holiday stretch out your hand and invite them into your holiday cheer. If you think someone is past that point alert the proper authorities it is better to be wrong and suffer a little embarrassment than for someone who needs the help miss out.

I am one of the blessed ones I have many things to be thankful for and for the next 5 days I will spend them spreading cheer and helping others as I can.

Merry Christmas to all

Art