Keeping minnows alive

funfishing

Fridge that's a great idea! I was going to leave them in my car, at -4, could end up an ice cube. Don't have a garage, so to the fridge they will go.

minnows are better in the cold so if it was ME; they would be in the car over night rather that the fridge at this time of year. that bag will not freeze over night.

PS; read this post... :whistling:

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66803

Years back I bought an aquarium pump, hose and aerator stone at Walmart and it cost me around $12. Use it all winter in my garage here in Ottawa. The odd time when it is really cold I have to break the ice off the stone, but other than that, it keeps everything alive.

Spend a few bucks and relieve your anxiety. Too easy!

minnows are better in the cold so if it was ME; they would be in the car over night rather that the fridge at this time of year. that bag will not freeze over night.

PS; read this post... :whistling:

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66803

x2

it has to be pretty cold to freeze stuff that's inside your insulated car. -4 last night and a 1/4 full water bottle wasn't even frozen this morning...

During the hardwater season I put my minnows in a large plastic tote out in the garage. I have a small pump used to spit water from an ornamental turtle from my fish pond. I raise the discharge hose out of the water so it splashes & creates bubbles. Minnows are good for several weeks. Very few will die. If your water is too warm just add some ice cubes. Hope this helps for the future.

Years back I bought an aquarium pump, hose and aerator stone at Walmart and it cost me around $12. Use it all winter in my garage here in Ottawa. The odd time when it is really cold I have to break the ice off the stone, but other than that, it keeps everything alive.

Spend a few bucks and relieve your anxiety. Too easy!

:good: