A few sturgeon

Tayzak15

Since I'm new on these forums, and I've noticed a few ppl posting pictures and recaps of their season. I figured I'd share a few images from my final sturgeon fishing trip of the summer. I usually go target sturgeon about 3-4 times per summer and this was the final run of the summer. We ended up catching 3, along with 100's of walleyes between the 3 of us. Of course everything was catch and release. I choose not to keep fish, unless I really have to (weekend camping trips, ect). Unfortunately I'm limited on the amount of photos I can add so I was only able to upload 2.

424618_4592902784383_689562569_n.jpg 488192_4565930749915_258155952_n.jpg

Edited by Tayzak15

Ah, ok...nice fish! thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks! hoping to get more sturgeon fishing trips done next summer. Always had to rely on someone with a ATV to get down to the launch. This upcomming summer I'm just going to chain up my small 12 footer down at the launch so me and my friends can just walk the trail with the motor and gear.

Timmins is Zone 8 - there's an open season with zero possession. C&R only.

Sturgeon is a touchy subject round here, that's why I asked where he's from.

Yeah seasons open from Jan 1st-Apr 30th, then from July 1st-Dec 31. We never go after them until august, of course all are caught and released. In the month of June when we are at this spot as it is an amazing walleye hole too, you can see the sturgeon right around the shore doing their spawning, I have seen some up to 7-8 feet long up near the shore at this spot when were there for walleyes.

Cool sturgeon pics.

Why no shoes?

This spot was about a 20 mile boat ride from a makeshift launch down the river. When its raining like it was in those pictures these rocks we stand on underneath a small waterfall get extremely slippery. We get better traction off those rocks when their wet barefoot then we do with shoes on.

Yeah seasons open from Jan 1st-Apr 30th, then from July 1st-Dec 31. We never go after them until august, of course all are caught and released. In the month of June when we are at this spot as it is an amazing walleye hole too, you can see the sturgeon right around the shore doing their spawning, I have seen some up to 7-8 feet long up near the shore at this spot when were there for walleyes.

I've seen them in Hudson Bay tribs as you've described. An amazing sight for sure.

Great introduction to the board welcome.

Nice pictures can't wait to see more as for the no shoes question get used to answering that a lot I always am asked the same thing when Muskie fishing.

Thanks!, I don't know if il get many pictures up during the winter as I'm gone away for school, but I'l certainly be posting more next summer once I get the proper camera to bring on my boat.