What Brand of Aluminum

Tayzak15

I bought a 14' Lund this past summer. Absolutely love it! It's powered with a 30Hp Suzuki, goes 29 mph with me & my gear. I think a 15 would be a little slow, especially with 2 guys & their gear, but that's my opinion. I would also suggest a bount mount electric if u plan to do some trolling. I also purchased the bow mount with the ipilot (remote control). I can control the motor from any position in the boat. Love the Lund & the ipilot. Good luck shopping

what model of lund did you buy? what was the dry weight of the boat?

Unfortunately for me, a 20 Inch transom is kind of our of the question. The motor i have now is a short shaft, and unless I can get a good used deal on a 15 longshaft early next summer

That's too bad, because when I purchased my newer 14 footer I had the transom cut down for my 25hp short shaft. I'm kicking myself now. I should have looked to replace the motor also. That lower transom is very close to the water line and very rough water definitely comes over the back.

Those two choices are great. How can you wrong with either? I bought a 14' Smokercraft with the flat floor walk through with livewell. I like the boat, but it's definitely heavier than one with bench seats.

Recently, Ive also looked at the Lund WC 14ft model. Does anyone on here own one? I would have to put a 15hp motor on it for the meantime is that too underpowered for 2 ppl?

It would be under powered in my opinion. As I stated above 30 hp, on my Lund, 1 person & gear 29 Mph. 2 guys & their gear 22 Mph. The days of a 14' with 9.9 hp are gone unless it is a very lightweight boat. The deep & wide are much heavier, more stable boats, downfall is they require more power. Previously I owned a 14' gamefisher. Much lighter boat. My 15 hp Johnson was plenty fast enough. Hope this helps u make the right decision.

It would be under powered in my opinion. As I stated above 30 hp, on my Lund, 1 person & gear 29 Mph. 2 guys & their gear 22 Mph. The days of a 14' with 9.9 hp are gone unless it is a very lightweight boat. The deep & wide are much heavier, more stable boats, downfall is they require more power. Previously I owned a 14' gamefisher. Much lighter boat. My 15 hp Johnson was plenty fast enough. Hope this helps u make the right decision.

That lund wc im looking at now says its only 25hp max though. However speed isn't too important to me. As long as it would push that boat 15-20 mph with 2 ppl I would be OK with that until I upgrade motors.

That lund wc im looking at now says its only 25hp max though. However speed isn't too important to me. As long as it would push that boat 15-20 mph with 2 ppl I would be OK with that until I upgrade motors.

I have a 2001 Lund WC14 and it had an older evinrude 25 on it when I got it and it was a good size for the boat at top speed bot too much to troll with so I traded it for a 20 and now it takes a bit longer to get where im going but it trolls nicer. The boat itself is great I was looking for something like you just bare bones and I could dress it up like I wanted it. Nice and wide and deep, we use it on the lakes around Timmins often.

I have a 2001 Lund WC14 and it had an older evinrude 25 on it when I got it and it was a good size for the boat at top speed bot too much to troll with so I traded it for a 20 and now it takes a bit longer to get where im going but it trolls nicer. The boat itself is great I was looking for something like you just bare bones and I could dress it up like I wanted it. Nice and wide and deep, we use it on the lakes around Timmins often.

Oh your from timmins john? I guess you could familiarize with me here then. I do a lot of trolling and I would be using this boat on the Matagami, Kenogamissi,Scorch, plus some lakes down the foleyet timber road and pine street. You're saying a 15 would be fine on it? I don't mind taking a little longer to get to my spot as long as the boat can plane properly. Slow trolling speeds are more important than top speed for me. You said you have the WC? what lakes do you take it on in the area?