2012 Recap (why not?)

manitoubass2

is was a great year for fishing, especially with my kids. It's really really awesome to watch them grow as anglers thumbsup_anim.gif. We had some amazing trips, a great camping trip which will now be a yearly thing, PB's were broke all over the place by the kiddos, and most importantly we enjoyed each other and nature clapping.gif.

Here are some pics, for you all to enjoy (I know I sure enjoyed them)

Oct132012fishingfood002-1.jpg

septbass2012049.jpg

septbass2012045.jpg

Taking out the local kids for a shore bass!

Thanksgiving2012054.jpg

Thanksgiving2012056.jpg

my boys PB pike!

septbass2012050.jpg

septbass2012004.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

LateJulyearlyAug2012043.jpg

My daughters first camping trip!!!

portersinletjuly212012087.jpg

Edited by manitoubass2

The "local kids"... aren't they all yours? LOL

Great stuff... living a wonderful life up there!

We have a big family, but not THAT BIG!!! lol, your post had me chuckling!

That is a truckload of great walleye, and, some wicked looking spots to wet a line.

Great year for ya. Good luck in 2013.

Yes, great spots indeed! Thank you! Right back atchathumbsup_anim.gif

Great report. Wish I had a place where fish like that could be found from the shore. Those kids are grinning ear to ear - says it all :clapping:

Yeah, since all our kids love to fish, shore fishing gets the nod most the time so nobody gets left out. We're super lucky to have such good spots in our back yard. Keep the kids happy, and everyone else will be happy too! lol

Awesome year good on ya for getting a bunch of kids out fishing. I sure do miss fishing Sudbury for shore walleye like that. Thanks for the recap.

Your welcome!!! It's fun fishing with the kids (no egos to deal with!) hehehe

Looks like a fun year you had for sure!

Thanks for sharing,

MTBF

Some seasons are better then others, and it changes every year. But at the end of each year it always averages out and ends as a great year.

Some real nice walleye slabs there!

How were the fall walleye on the Rainy this year???

It was tough RC, but mainly because I worked alot more then previous years. We still managed some really good fish however. The water was really low all year, and it made it really tough to track down active fish constantly (walleye). Bass numbers were insane right from ice out to late fall, but very few fish this year around the 5lb mark (which are giants around these parts). Seen alot more musky this year too, which is pretty exciting!

I truly enjoyed looking at the various pics and must say, you have one hell of a beauty spot for shore fishing :thumbsup_anim: Nothing short of paradise to me :) Great to see your kids join you and get into personal best B) Congrats to all of you on a great season :clapping::worthy:

Thanks for sharing manitou!

TJunkie