crazy perch fishing!! pics

pikeie

well after i came home from school today, i had a nice suprise. tinbanger wanted to take my bro and I out for some perch action. we went to a place where we had some success from last year but our hopes wernt too high considering how simcoe was invaded by the dink perch this winter. well we got there and we first started catching those little perch all over agian <_<:wallbash: , so it wasnt looking too good, but it didnt matter we would have had a fun time with the small ones. but boy were we wrong :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: . so we found out a pattern and stuck with it and it produced very well.

i got the first big fish of the day at just over 13 inches :P

perch.jpg

it was caught on a finS minnow and it was just full of eggs, it was released for that reason.

then we caught many perch in the 10-12 inch range that we tossed in the livewell

then tinbanger got the next big fish at 13 inches :thumbsup_anim:

perch2.jpg

it was caught on a live minnow and was released too

lots of perch were now caught in the 10-12 inch range and one by my brother that was just massive :w00t: the fish was probly 14 inches long with a HUGE girth the fish must have been close to 2 lbs. no picture tho, this fish was also released because it was a major spawning female.

here is my brother with another nice perch that measured 13 inches

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/pik...pg?t=1178155514

over all we couldnt belive how many big fish there were. we definatly caught over 100 fish today with lots of trophies mixed in with the nice eaters. we came home with 29 perch that were bettween 10-12 inches with a few smaller and one 13 inch male.

all of the fish over 12 inches were released except for that one male. But

with this many jumbos we just couldnt help but think where were the jumbos during the winter :dunno: .

Edited by pikeie

Congratulations Pikeie on catching some very nice perch, and kudos to you for putting those big breeding females back and thinking of the future generations of jumbos. :thumbsup_anim:

Hey, nice surprise to come home to, great way to spend the evening....and catching some bigguns just adds to it...I hope you guys had your OFC community signs with you :)

Maureen

lol would have but none of us are on a team