Just totally got a guy on kijii busted....

bigredfisher

Rangerguy, you are 100% correct.

whats even worse are those who step on the fish to "assist" in guiding out eggs, then chucking the fish back in the water, proudly exclaiming they are a "sportsman" who releases their fish.

I've never seen anyone step on a fish before to milk it... That would be something to see.

For those of you who don't know this:

All that is required to legally sell roe, is that you purchase it from an aquaculture source, and have proof in case of getting checked. No permit required to sell aquaculture roe. The receipt is a de facto permit. I know because I am a vendor.

Edited by funfishing

BillM, go the the dalhousie ditch.

i've seen guys stepping on males wondering why the eggs aren't coming out.

i've seen guys stepping on females to the point the eyes of the fish were bulging out.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to fish that ditch, but its one of the most popular area's for raping browns around....so i guess if that's whats considered fun - all the power to ya!

BillM, go the the dalhousie ditch.

i've seen guys stepping on males wondering why the eggs aren't coming out.

i've seen guys stepping on females to the point the eyes of the fish were bulging out.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to fish that ditch, but its one of the most popular area's for raping browns around....so i guess if that's whats considered fun - all the power to ya!

No thanks... Only time I wander down that was is in the spring with the Lund to chase fish off Port Weller :)

I'd rather catch one legit brown in the lake than 10 browns in the ditch.

but I guess for those who don't have access to a boat, or aren't willing to work at a fish in a river, the dalhousie ditch is the way to go.

our crew call the ones who fish legally "ditchfishers" and those who go to get brown eggs "ditchpigs".