new ot musky fishing!!

phatpelkey

i bought the whuppin stik 8ft heavy from cabelas.ca 29.99 awesome rod for the money 10 yr warranty fast shipping 4 days and i got it

casts bulldawgs and bondys with ease i had it paired with a cardiff 400

i bought it cause i figured it was a good deal would make an awesome trolling rod too

Looking at the same rod right now, how much was shipping?

spent another couple hours last night casting, still no musky, so i will keep trucking along, i will eventually get my musky!!!

First one was definately the hardest for me. Just curious where you have been trying? From boat or shore? Certain waterbodies have much higher densities than others. Good luck, it will happen .

i fish from shore, in spots i know there is musky, just hasnt been my time yet, gotta work all weekend so it will have to wait until next week for my next shot at it

First one was definately the hardest for me. Just curious where you have been trying? From boat or shore? Certain waterbodies have much higher densities than others. Good luck, it will happen .

I have a huge ugly stik musky rod with a BPS musky angler reel, spooled with 80lb braid. The whole thing was under $200 and ive never felt the need to upgrade, as i rarely fish musky.

iv decided on a rod i want, its a 7'6' shimano compre 1 peice, as for reel havent decided yet, but still have to save enough money to buy the rod and reel

Abu has a great selection of quality Musky reels with a variety of models and prices.

Just realized where Grande Point was. You shouldnt have too much trouble hookin up from "there".

they reel on the rod im borrowing rigth now has and abu (record i believe) on it as i like it other then its the wrong hand lol

I started targetting musky last year during bass opener/late June....I never caught my first until September. It was well worth the wait though. One big mistake I made was I fished low density waters while looking for my 1st. Fish high numbers waters if you can.

Fishing from shore is going to be tough, since you usually have to cover a lot of water while looking for active fish. It's certainly not impossible though.

Trebleys Tacklebox in Orillia has a great rob in their clearance area. Fenwich HMG AV. When I bought mine several years ago when they first came out, the rod was about $250. Think they are selling them for $80 or something.

As for the first fish, they can be tough.... especially from shore... and especially in the late fall. Keep at it, but I think the your chances will be better in the spring or floating a large live bait rig now.

well after working a 12 hour midnight shift last nigth i decided i cant let this nice weather go to waste, so went down to my casting spot and casted for just about an hour, oh yah also caught one of these lol

542617_10151112415205636_1016299275_n.jpg

it was 37 inchs

Edited by phatpelkey

• 1 month later...

with the season closed, here is a couple more pics to add to this thread, got 3 more fish, 1 of them for each of the 3 times i went fishing, nothing huge but hey there fish lol

556797_10151144193255636_1984108206_n_zps84d7cebf.jpg

252331_10151144989005636_1522117844_n_zps6b88ba3c.jpg

403584_10151154476145636_1376158793_n_zps41712138.jpg

all in all a good first year fishing for musky for me, i learned alot!!!, i was just getting the hang of it, oh well bring on the ice fishing now lol