Simms Pro dry rain gear?

Bondar

I bought my 1st pair of Simms waders 3 years ago after 3 pair of Orvis and 2 pair of Cabelas, none of which lasted more than 2 years. The Simms are still going strong, but I also have heard they stand behind their products. I certainly wouldn't be afraid to buy their rainsuit especially if the price is right and the product is sewn in North America.

Just curious if anyone has this suit yet and what they think of it ? Also how's the fit on it , not sure what size to order ? They are greatly reduced right now do to Simms pulling all their gear from online sites

Where did you find this??

The Pro Dry Suits are really good, I would highly recommend them. Got mine this spring and wore it guiding in NWT and the rest of the summer/fall. Like every other Simms product I've had it performed well. No wet spots, well thought out features. Hood is one of the better I've used.

For sizing, I am usually XL (G3 Coat) but opted for a 2XL in the suit.

I'm also looking for a good rain suit and have been doing some research.

By far, the Simms suit seems to be reccommended a lot, and is a very good suit, but it is costly for the jacket and bibs you are looking at $1000-$1200. Mike - $600 would be a good buy if it was the same suit I was looking at Sail in Oshawa. The one I was looking at was around $600 for the jacket and $450 for the pants, plus tax.

BPS 100 MPH is mentioned a lot. I think cause a lot of people have it. Reviews are generally good, but some people say they are expensive for what you get. Seem to last around 5 years. Some say the bibs on the 100MPH are too warm for summer use and go with the Pro-Qualifier bibs, which are lighter, and the 100 MPH jacket.

BPS Pro-Qualifier is mentioned a lot as well. Generally good reviews, cheaper than the 100MPH.

Cabellas guidewear is mentioned as a good suit as well. Seems quality is somewhere between the Pro-Qualifier and 100MPH in the scale.

Some guys on BFB mention a Frabill suit that is good, but I've never seen one in the flesh yet.

The Shimano guys all say the Dryfender suit is the bomb, but it is new and hasn't been out very long. I'll pass until it is more proven.

I'm going to Nashville in a few weeks and will be going to the BPS down there. I'm going to check out the Pro-Qualifer bibs and the 100MPH jacket. If cash was no object, I'd probably be going with the Simms. I may try and search out a good on-line price and if I find something, will post back. Unless I get to a Cabelas to try them out, I can't see going with the Guidewear. Don't want to buy blind.

I'm also looking for a good rain suit and have been doing some research.

By far, the Simms suit seems to be reccommended a lot, and is a very good suit, but it is costly for the jacket and bibs you are looking at $1000-$1200. Mike - $600 would be a good buy if it was the same suit I was looking at Sail in Oshawa. The one I was looking at was around $600 for the jacket and $450 for the pants, plus tax.

BPS 100 MPH is mentioned a lot. I think cause a lot of people have it. Reviews are generally good, but some people say they are expensive for what you get. Seem to last around 5 years. Some say the bibs on the 100MPH are too warm for summer use and go with the Pro-Qualifier bibs, which are lighter, and the 100 MPH jacket.

BPS Pro-Qualifier is mentioned a lot as well. Generally good reviews, cheaper than the 100MPH.

Cabellas guidewear is mentioned as a good suit as well. Seems quality is somewhere between the Pro-Qualifier and 100MPH in the scale.

Some guys on BFB mention a Frabill suit that is good, but I've never seen one in the flesh yet.

The Shimano guys all say the Dryfender suit is the bomb, but it is new and hasn't been out very long. I'll pass until it is more proven.

I'm going to Nashville in a few weeks and will be going to the BPS down there. I'm going to check out the Pro-Qualifer bibs and the 100MPH jacket. If cash was no object, I'd probably be going with the Simms. I may try and search out a good on-line price and if I find something, will post back. Unless I get to a Cabelas to try them out, I can't see going with the Guidewear. Don't want to buy blind.

Wait and watch cabelas site. They usually blow out their suits yearly. Last year I, and many others on here got the guide wear suits for 250 or so shipped!

Their suits are terrific.

I have had Simms wad ers for 8 years. Still going strong. Great products but 600 to a 1000 for a rain suit. That is insane. If u have the money - oh well, no worries then I guess.

Landry