Report-part 1

TDunn

Hey OFC!

It has been awhile since I have posted a report. This is due to way to much work and some fishing!

As everyone experienced it was an intensely hot summer! Personally not my cup of tea but the fish didn’t seem to mind all that much! My summer began with only two quick trips out o the St. Marys to chase Atlantics before I had to head north.

tic12013.jpg

tic12009.jpg

tic12011.jpg

tic12008.jpg

July took me up to the big town of Oba, Ontario for a two week guide job at Ontario North Fishing Adventures. Having been twice before, I knew exactly what kind of fishing to expect..... Even though I didn’t bring a camera I was able to snap a few photos with my ipod.

Guest cabin

IMG_0019.jpg

Oba River....which we ran 12km up each day

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

Biggest pike was 35", walleye 25" and a few jumbos were caught including a gigantic 15 3/4 incher!

I decided to do some bass fishing on my next few trips from both a kayak and boat. I had a blast flipping and pitching for largies in the thick stuff. This is one style of fishing I don’t do enough but will be in the future...I hope! Didn’t do a lot of smallmouth fishing but some were caught off docks.

sum_12024.jpg

sum_12003.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

0023.jpg

0022.jpg

FiSh051.jpg

Next up I had Rich who heads the Border City Classic up for a day of fishing in Lake Superior Park. Rich hasn’t fished for lake or brook trout much so I gave him a quick run down on my set-up and we were off in our Hobies. Despite a rather slow first hour I took him on my milk run and we must of landed 15 lakers between the two of us and Rich also hit two nice brookies.

wakomataelkscoldwater086.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater083.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater092.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater082.jpg

Next up was a day in LSPP but with no fishing rods! We just hit the beach, chilled then had a bite to eat at the Voyageur on the way home.

agawa054.jpg

agawa014.jpg

agawa055.jpg

Since we enjoyed relaxing at the beach so much we decided that a camping trip was needed. A group of us headed up into the park the following weekend. We stayed at a campsite that was about a 20-25 minute hike but it was well worth it.......

The next two days and nights were filled of drinking, eating, swimming and drinking.....lol

wakomataelkscoldwater211.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater213.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater118.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater128.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater164.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater181.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater185.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater178.jpg

wakomataelkscoldwater153.jpg

not enough room for one post....part 2 is posted

TDunn

Edited by TDunn