Micro Line Guides

Sour_Squirrel

Never heard they reduce line twist and doubt they would effect that either way,I also dont think in practical terms you would ever see a measurable difference in casting distance.The big benefit to them is with braid on a baitcaster you wont get guide/tip wrap,I dont know why that is never mentioned because they virtually eliminate it and are worth their weight in gold for that.

When I was shopping my for last rod I wanted to try it out but for all my effort I just could not find a rod I liked. All the micro guide rods I got to handle felt like telephone poles.

Could go custom, acid wrap micro guides?

-I wonder how that would work

What was the brand that had the line run inside the blank?

-don't see them around anymore

When I was shopping my for last rod I wanted to try it out but for all my effort I just could not find a rod I liked. All the micro guide rods I got to handle felt like telephone poles.

Could go custom, acid wrap micro guides?

-I wonder how that would work

What was the brand that had the line run inside the blank?

-don't see them around anymore

what rods were you trying, there are tons that i have handled that were very light sensitive

I probably won't use anything but micros except where they are not suitable like on a very heavy (#40+ rod). For everything else, the casting effort is noticably less because the rod isn't wasting energy swinging the big guides so in that sense there is a casting difference. The only thing i would say doesn't work so well is the micro tip with a heavier diameter mono or fluoro line. There seems to be line drag with that combination unless you point the rod in the direction of the cast. The smallest tip i've used is a 4...from now on, i probably won't go under a 5 or 6. Other than that one issue, it's alll been good/ i've never had guide failures, line fouling, etc. The smallest running guides i've used are size 2 on a rod i built about 2 years ago when they first came out, but generally I stick to 4's. The smallest stripper i've used is a 6 on a StCroix blank about 3-4 yrs ago which worked out better than i thought. Looking down the rod is strange because you see no guides, so it's like looking down a long needle but it works well and i still use that rod today.

As far as the interline rods go, i still see them for sale on the west coast for heavy bottom fish fishermen and long surf rods, but all the smaller weights are gone. There was another company that made them, i think "north" was somewhere in the name, but i havne't seen them in a few years.