Latest tackle news

Garry2Rs

I came across a few tackle-news items that I thought I might share...

Shimano has signed a deal to distubute japanese lures made by Jackall in Canada and the USA.

This will give Shimano it's first entry into the lure market...Look-out Rapala.

If you were one of the many who were impressed with Sufix 832, there is more good news. Sufix has launched a sinking braid called Gravity 2. This line has 8 threads, like the 832, again two are Gore-text, however the new line also has two threads that have a very high specific gravity (they're heavier than water). The new line is said to sink at the same rate as Flourocarbon...Might be just the thing for deep cranks or dead sticking in the wind.

Speaking of braided line...Power Pro has two new lines...The first is called Bite-Motion and has black bands that work as strike indicators. Does that sound like a Fireline Tracer rip-off? The other is called Super-8-Slick and claims to use a "diamond weave" and have "enhanced body technology." To me it looks a lot like that Nano line that Berkley brought out last year.

Now that the weather is changing, you might want to check out MarCum Technologies. They're showing a new colour underwater camera with a built-in depth finder. Great for all you ice fishers out there.

Unfortunatly I will miss the chance to test it myself. By Sunday, I will be in Arizona and won't return until April...grin.

Garry2Rs