Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer

graftongal

Hello everyone,

I have been a member here for years, but rarely get to post anymore because of a job that keeps me out on the road and away from the computer. Perhaps a blessing in disguise? <_<

With the permission of my dear friend Roy, I have decided to post here to ask for your help in my participation in the 2013 Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer. In June of 2013 I will be participating in a two-day, 200km ride from Toronto to Niagara Falls. The proceeds of the ride benefit the Princess Margaret Hospital, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world.

I realize that it seems rather early to be asking for donations, but I have set my personal fundraising goal at $3,200 (with each rider required to provide a minimum of $2,500 in donations). With your help, I hope to achieve, and even exceed, my personal goal. Cancer is a disease that affects so many, and I would like to thank you all in advance for any donations, no matter how small, you can contribute to this worthy cause!

To donate to the ride, please visit http://to13.conquercancer.ca, you can click 'Donate' and then search for my name under participants. Another way to donate is to go to my personal page at http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Toronto2013?px=3128702&pg=personal&fr_id=1431 and donate from there.

Wishing everyone the best,

Sandy Turk

Thanks for setting (more than) a few days of your life aside for the cause Sandy!!!! We're "donating" daily to the PMH / Mt Sinai Parking lot (which unfortunately is owned by Ontario Power Generation) while trying to beat this beast ourselves. I'll see what I have left when I get home to my own computer.

Wayne

Edited by irishfield

Good for you Sandy. Unfortunately my donating fund was depleted just today in memory of an old friend that passed last weekend while hiking in Lake Superior Provincial Park. We all need to keep these fund raisers going. Thanks for doing your part Sandy. I'm sure that you'll reach your goal.