Broken Fenwick rod what to do?

hotsky

I have a Fenwick Eagle GT rod that has a broken off ring/eye. I called the store I bought it from and they said eyes aren't covered by the warranty. And they would charge $25 to replace the eye so it might be better just to buy a new one. :/

btw I found this on Fenwick website: "Rods NOT covered under warranty may also be submitted for replacement for a nominal fee. Please contact us directly for details." Looks like Canadian repair center is in Brantford which is only half an hour from me. Anyone dealt with them?

Edited by Gray_Wolf

most shops will take a $20 shipping fee and hand you a new rod over the counter if they have it in stock, if not they can usually send it out. As for a $25 charge to put an eye on thats fairly steep i believe most places offer that service for less

I have a Fenwick Canadian Methods Specialty Action Series Walleye casting rod that I purchased about 2 years ago. Last month it snapped near the top of the rod. I did not register the rod for warranty but I still have the doccumention that came with the rod. Fenwick offers "Lifetime Accident Replacement Program" Fenwick will replace the rod at 55% discount from current suggested retail price + $10 S&H.

I will be contacting them in Manitoba this week.

Gray_Wolf, what is the contact info for the location in Ontario?

Fenwick Warranty Service

131 Savannah Oaks Drive, Unit#1

Brantford, Ontario N3V 1E8

(519) 750-0100

I had to replace a tip guide on other rod, Kingsway sports in Guelph did it for me for $5, but it seems easier than replacing guides below the tip. I called the number and was told I'd have to pay 50% of the price plus ~$11 shipping. I got the rod on sale for $40 but their price is $60 so it'd cost me about same as what I paid for it new and that's if I bring it in. Not sure if it's worth it...

Fenwick Warranty Service

131 Savannah Oaks Drive, Unit#1

Brantford, Ontario N3V 1E8

(519) 750-0100

I had to replace a tip guide on other rod, Kingsway sports in Guelph did it for me for $5, but it seems easier than replacing guides below the tip. I called the number and was told I'd have to pay 50% of the price plus ~$11 shipping. I got the rod on sale for $40 but their price is $60 so it'd cost me about same as what I paid for it new and that's if I bring it in. Not sure if it's worth it...

nope.....................chuck it.cool.gif

I broke my eagle GT this year also, still have to call them but if they ask for 50% + shipping, I'm not gonna get it replaced. If this is the case you can have my broken rod and take the guides you need, let me know if you want it.