Fluro carbon line vs Flurocarbon leader

davey buoy

There seems to be a slight difference in the two lines. Is one stiffer or firmer than the other?. Secondly if there is a difference which would you use as a leader on a pin/float set up?.

From what I've read one comes in a smaller amount(leader)and the other in the hundreds of yards.(main).

I have one spool on a reel spooled up with fluoro as a mainline. I would use this line only for fishing deep clear lakes. Otherwise I prefer braid with a fluro or mono leader. I like to tie the leader directly to the mainline.

For musky fishing I use leader material line. For bass fishing I just use regular line.

I really only think that having a fluoro leader only matters in clear water bodies, and fluoro mainline is only necessary for vertical presentations in 10-40 feet of water.

Yes!

I run a shot line and separate leader on my pins.. Say 3ft of shot line (Which is mono) and then 24-36inches (Depending on river and condition) of either 4-6lb Maxima Ultra-Green or 4-6lb Drennan Flouro.. The Drennan is pretty much rope, 4lb is more like 6-8lb, lol. Running 5ft of flouro leader will get expensive after a while, it's definitely not needed (you also don't wanna be sliding shot up and down it either... it doesn't hold up as good as mono does for that)..

I run a shot line and separate leader on my pins.. Say 3ft of shot line (Which is mono) and then 24-36inches (Depending on river and condition) of either 4-6lb Maxima Ultra-Green or 4-6lb Drennan Flouro.. The Drennan is pretty much rope, 4lb is more like 6-8lb, lol. Running 5ft of flouro leader will get expensive after a while, it's definitely not needed (you also don't wanna be sliding shot up and down it either... it doesn't hold up as good as mono does for that)..

Thanks,starting to get a better understanding of it's durability.