7'0 MH spinning rod

northernpike56

I want to buy a 7'0 MH 2 peice spinning rod to pair with my quantum resource 30 reel spooled with 20 lb powerpro.

What are my options? I would be looking for something in the $40-120 range (cheaper rod). It would mainly be used for bass and pike.

Thanks,

Matt.

Edited by northernpike56

• 3 weeks later...

Save up and spend a bit more and talk to Spiel. I seen the one rod he made for another member that was a mh and was amazing. Was also a lot lighter then any other rod out there for the money.

I swear by Spiel customs. I have one and I will have a lot more.

I have an Abu Garcia Villain rod it's a 7'1" rod (my pike rod actually) just above your price range at ~$140-150 but so far has been great. Lots of backbone for a 8-14 test rod (it's MH) In fact it's actually stronger than my other 2 MH rods that are 8-17! It looks great too. Here's a 'catch' it's one piece only which I actually prefer now, but at at the the time I as looking for a 2 piece as well. Never have to realign the guides and it easily fits inside the cabin of my Mazda 3, I don't even fold any seats.

Edit: I see you're from burlington check it out at SIAL, I'm sure you'll like it.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

I would recommend a Berkley Lightning Rod. If it's for crankbaits you can choose the "Shock" model which is made for braided lines. In any event, these rods sell for about 40 dollars. Those rods that have lifetime garantees....you pay for the garantee. Meanwhile, Berkley will replace any of their rods if they have bad workmanship.

A long time ago, I broke my Berkley Curt Gowdy model fiberglass rod. I asked Berkley to send me a tip to replace the one I broke (my fault) and they sent me a fiberglass/graphite composite rod for free. 3 years later, I sent that rod back because I hated the rubbery action it had. Berkley then sent me a graphite Lightning Rod. I guess I was the first in Canada to have one. I loved that rod and used it for many years. I broke the tip (my fault) and then broke the rod when my snowmobile rolled on an ice fishing trip.

What better garantee than that!