Honey Harbour/Delawana Inn

bow slayer

Looks like i will be spending next weekend(anniversary) there with my lovely wife. I have never been to Honey Harbour but of course have heard lots about it. Since she likes fishing looks like i will be able to spend sometime on the water. Just wondering what I could expect and maybe a couple baits/techniques and tips that would be productive in the area for pike and walleyes. I just plan on trolling or casting near shorelines mostly. My time will be limited but would like to hook a few pike.thanks in advance for any tips.

HAVE A CHART OF THE AREA SINCE YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH IT!! There are rocks and shoals in the damndest places there. That said, are you renting a boat or bringing your own. Go out of the Del and turn right and then right again and pass by the beach area and marina row, follow into South Bay, plenty of water and there's fish there. You'll have plenty of fun in the area. I have a trailer around the corner and know the waters, that's why I give my warning. For the most part, South Bay is fairly safe compared to other areas of GBay. Good luck and have fun there. The sticky buns @ the bakery in HH are fantastic!!

Took the wife to the Delawana Inn MANY years ago...we had a GREAT time there......back then, they had a comedy club....GOOD TIME.

We even rented a boat next door and she caught her largest pike ever just trolling a #9 gold jointed Rapala....had to land it without a net... :thumbsup_anim:

GOOD LUCK.....you have a GREAT TIME,

Bob