SS Minnow was not lost

Skipper D

I headed out the door this afternoon at one to go up north and try my luck at catching some walleye , made it to the lake and met up there with a OFC member Micheal and loaded our gear and backed the 20' cuddy cruiser in to the lake , while i parked the jeep and trailer Micheal was in the lake aiming the boat for take off . Iwas realy excited to get going and try out some new equipment i bought yeasterday which were a Okuma Magda pro 20DLX reel with line counter ON A 7' power medium heavy fast acton Shimano FX70-MHB2 . We got to trolling right away , and we trolled til five when i noticed i did'nt have breakfast or dinner , After beaching the boat Micheal hit the road looking for the ner'est chip stand , 30 minutes later he was back with some real tasty fish and chips which we ate sitting on the bunks of the trailer , it was six thirty when Micheal said whats it gona be , go home and call it a day or hit the water again til dark , well since we had'nt had any luck up til that point i said lets turn the boat around and give it another try but only on the other side of the lake this time . We were starting to lose the light real fast and like allways on our last pass for the night . bang i had one on , this bugger wanted to fight and was determan to send me home alone , it stayed on the bottom right up til i got it right beside the boat , it fought like crazy to stay down , Micheal said you got your self a real nice walleye there but it was not to be , once i got it to break the surface we were both surprized , it was this nice little Bass .... lol . While i wrote this i have'nt went back to read what i wrote like i normaly do , but i want to make sure this story is not completely one sided . Micheal offered to take me out and show me around his lake were he lives , he also met me at the launch with a dozen and a half or so rod and reels he brought for me to try out plus more tackle then i ever seen at a boat launch before . I can't thank him enough for the great day i had on the water today , we plan to hit this lake again and try for the eye's we went for today . Well i am sure tired and i'll leave this story where its at for now . Thanks for taking a look ...... Skip .

Edited by Skipper " D "

If its the one in his backyard, then yes! When I first joined OFC, he kindly invited me to his place and even let me take his tinny out a couple times on my own. I caught a few nice smallmouth and missed some huge crappie on his lake.

Just like you, he showed me TONS of tackle and gear! His best gear is at his shop at the 400 flea market. Tackle n Trails... I hear he gives good deals to OFC members too (whistling)

Who, me? Geez guys I gotta rep to keep up here! How am I supposed to come across as the grouchy old man when y'all keep contradicting me? :tease:

I actually got the better end of the deal with both of you - good company, good times and FISHING! Best part is all the plans came together and more can be made!

We now return to the previously scheduled program... :w00t:

Michael