tired of not catching anything from shore

livinisfishin

I plan on going from shore a little later tonight and I need some ideas of what to use? Typically where i go i catch pike, bass , perch and pickerel. I havent been getting anythinh using twister tails and any other lure i have put out there. I would like to try worms and just let them sit but i am unsure of the best setup for them. Looks likebits going to be a bit breezy tonight.

Thanks for any help

With limited amount of water you can cover from shore go for the finesse fishing styles. As Misfish (Brian) said that is a good start. You can also go for a soft bait Called a Sinko wacky rigged. This is a lure you cast out to an area of weeds or structures and allow it to sink to the bottom. Then lightly shake it for 5 seconds every 30 seconds for 2 or 3 cycles. Retrieve and cast to different spot 10ft away from the last cast. This is mainly a bass or walleye trick but it works well when the bite is neutral it gives the fish time to look and decide if it is something they want to bite. The bite is usually light and the key is to watch your line move get slack or tighten when between the shaking time.

Art

Thanks for your help Brian and Art. I went out and tied two hooks to the line and an egg sinker to the bottom. Ive done this in the fall at a certain spot when the silver bass are in shallow there. I got squat....a 2" largemouth. I tried that setup for a good hour with nothing great. After i tied on a tried and true mepps cyclops firetiger. First cast it hit the water and i hooked into a largemouth that was about 1.5 lbs. Tried lures galore after not a single bite. Ill have to give these finesse tactics a shot...or get a boat.

It sounds like you should look for other access points, or maybe do some bushwhacking.. The problem with shore fishing is, anywhere there is a trail blazed to the water, means someone else already fishes there. The fish are apt to have seen a lot of different baits. Personally, i would say if you're stuck in that spot, your best bet may be live bait. Try some bigger minnows, maybe leeches under a slip float and use a long rod to bomb the bait further. Hope that helps.