WRIGHT & MCGILL BIG HORN WADING JACKET

misfish

Anyone use this brand? I,m looking for my first river jacket now,and came across this one. Looks like a nice one for the money.

Sims are out of my price range right now,and I don,t want to go cheap and regret it. I plan on being on the rivers a lot this year,so I need quality,at a reasonable price.

Picked up a real nice warm hoody from Marks warehouse. Boy, is it going to keep me warm.

Thanks

Edited by Misfish

Anyone use this brand? I,m looking for my first river jacket now,and came across this one. Looks like a nice one for the money.

Sims are out of my price range right now,and I don,t want to go cheap and regret it. I plan on being on the rivers a lot this year,so I need quality,at a reasonable price.

Picked up a real nice warm hoody from Marks warehouse. Boy, is it going to keep me warm.

Thanks

How about a nice Kenora dinner jacket?:lol:,sorry Brian,can't help you with what your looking for.But I need a new one!!!!!!!!

Edited by davey buoy

Check out these from Frogg Toggs - http://www.froggtoggs.com/?wading/wading_jackets

I have one and they will keep you just as dry as any of the high end ones, plus they weigh almost nothing. I think I got mine from Amazon - at the time it was the cheapest source.

Avoid jackets that have a waterproof 'coating' that wears off after a season.

my first breathable waders were wright and mcgill and would not buy them again, multiple leaks after a month of fall fishing...the material had literally worn through itself from "chub rub" between the knees, multiple seam failures (around the neoprene booties, crotch, knees) and too many pinhole punctures

first pair was warrantied after 2 months, second pair didn't last any longer...they fit properly, it wasn't sizing issues, just a poor product IMO

i think the simms headwaters jacket is comparable in price to the W&M jacket...i've heard good reviews about cabelas jackets too

depending on your price range there was a steal of a deal on a g4 pro jacket on the classifieds here, solo/mike b was selling it

How about a nice Kenora dinner jacket?

Duck Dave,here it comes.LOL

Check out these from Frogg Toggs - http://www.froggtogg.../wading_jackets

Thats the lower end jackect I was talking about. I have looked at them. They feel like terry cloth. Thats terry cloth,not Terrys cloth. :w00t:

my first breathable waders were wright and mcgill and would not buy them again, multiple leaks after a month of fall fishing...the material had literally worn through itself from "chub rub" between the knees, multiple seam failures (around the neoprene booties, crotch, knees) and too many pinhole punctures

first pair was warrantied after 2 months, second pair didn't last any longer...they fit properly, it wasn't sizing issues, just a poor product IMO

i think the simms headwaters jacket is comparable in price to the W&M jacket...i've heard good reviews about cabelas jackets too

depending on your price range there was a steal of a deal on a g4 pro jacket on the classifieds here, solo/mike b was selling it

Thanks for the good info BFW.

As for Mikes jacket,he is sold out. :wallbash:

Im also looking at a mid range priced Bare Vedder jacket.

I got a pm about another which I am looking at now.

A filson

10027-main-341.jpg

I like it.

Brian, go check Costco for the wet-skins one. I have a 'set' here and at my folks place and I got them at CTC when they were 1/2 off or more. Costco has them a few times a year and I think it's only $39 on sale?

*edit to fix the sale price as it was $39*

Edited by GBW

Thanks Geoff.

I have one already,Great for when your out on the boat,but these jackets are meant to hold the essentials for wading. ex the big pockets in front. The wet skin dosent have this,all so the hoods suck IMO.

Wow,a good friend and long time member,got a hold of me this morning. I now have a very nice wading jacket. It,s a Lewis Creek,and it was made in England.Wax Cotten design. It,s in new condition. TY MY FRIEND. :worthy:

So my quest is over. :Gonefishing: