Summer Report

LucG

I know, summer is not over yet! But it has been a long time since my last report so I'd though I'd compress it all into one.

It has been a very busy summer, most my time has been spent fishing or working. I competed in several tournaments for both pike and bass, with some decent placings. Also spent every free minute of my time learning new water and mastering new technics.

This year I focused on drop shotting for smallies, I experimented with all kinds of line, hooks and bait. I've narrowed it down to using 12 lb seagar fluro, using 1/0 owner wacky hooks. My best bait has been using either the 3" or the 4" senkos (wacky rigged on the dropshot) Also unsing 6'9" Med-Hvy, fast action St-croix mojo bass paired up with a Quantum Smoke Spinning reel. This is one of my new favorite technics for summertime smallie.

As for largies, I focused my attention on flipping. This year I went to a longer rod: Kistler 7'8" telescopic Hvy. This really helped in not only pulling these fish from the thickest cover, but also helped on my flipping acuracy. Using 65 lbs braid, spooled on a 7:3:1 gear ratio Quantum Smoke Baitcaster. Owner 5/0 hooks and a tungsten weight.

Anyways, almost done work, time to go fishing!

Here are a few pics, enjoy!

1st Place - Nipissing - North Bay Bassmasters

21lbs.jpg

1st Place - Nosbonsing - North Bay Bassmasters

hpim2140.jpg

Couple smallies on the drop shot.

dfgsdfg2.jpg

Lunker Hunter

dsc04338sg.jpg

Night time topwater

dfgsdfg4.jpg

imagejpeg27.jpg

I'd like to introduce you to my friend Henry

imagejpeg26y.jpg

dsc04336b.jpg

Cousin's PB MUskie - 42" Caught during a pike tourny

imagejpeg4rj.jpg

Brother's PB Largie 3.97 lbs / 4.0 lbs with regurgitation lol

dfgsdfg3.jpg

Thanks guys! I spent alot of time at it and it paid off.

Here are two more nipssing brutes I hooked into yesturday.

dsc04363e.jpg

All fish were released by the way... I just enjoy keeping the two largest fish of the day for pics, or 5 biggest if im competing lol

Wish I was fishing today, but I'm getting my gear ready for a trip to temagami. I'll make sure to post a report when I get back.

• 2 weeks later...