Canoe launch near Peterborough?

Dave Bailey

Might be heading up to Peterborough on Saturday, my daughter has to run a tasting session at an LCBO up there (wow, talk about the fox in charge of the henhouse!). Thought my wife and I might take the canoe up and do some fishing for the 5 hours that we'll have free. I'm not looking for any specific honey-holes, just general areas that might be good with a canoe. Was up there last week and there's a place to put into the canal at the end of Armour Road, but it might be a bit hectic with boat traffic, not sure. Had a run up to the north side of Peterborough today and before returning I checked out the extreme south end of Chemong, looks like a nice spot but I don't know about launches. Anyone have any info?

Thanks in advance!

If your gonna be right in downtown Peterboro maybe have a look at Little Lake on George St. Lots of parking in the area plus a few restaurants for when your finished fishing.

There's a marina right there but I have no idea if they'll charge for launching the canoe but even so it wouldn't be much.

Never fished Little Lake myself but it's a pretty spot and I've heard there's some good fish in there.

If your gonna be right in downtown Peterboro maybe have a look at Little Lake on George St. Lots of parking in the area plus a few restaurants for when your finished fishing.

There's a marina right there but I have no idea if they'll charge for launching the canoe but even so it wouldn't be much.

Never fished Little Lake myself but it's a pretty spot and I've heard there's some good fish in there.

I heard on CHEX (P'BORO) news that there is a Fish for the Cure tourny being held on Little Lake on August 02 and I understand Izumi and Mercer plus a few more pros will be there so there must be a launch over by the George Street side...(Delcrary Park)

Many years ago (40), a buddy and I carried his 10 ft tinny cartop across Enverleigh Park and put in at the swimming beach...North on Water Street to Parkhill then east to the park (beside the bridge)...I hope that is not against the law... dunno.gif

I heard on CHEX (P'BORO) news that there is a Fish for the Cure tourny being held on Little Lake on August 02 and I understand Izumi and Mercer plus a few more pros will be there so there must be a launch over by the George Street side...(Delcrary Park)

Many years ago (40), a buddy and I carried his 10 ft tinny cartop across Enverleigh Park and put in at the swimming beach...North on Water Street to Parkhill then east to the park (beside the bridge)...I hope that is not against the law... dunno.gif

oops.gifoops.gifoops.gif Too Late !!! today is Saturday...

Well as the Bard of Ayrshire wrote, "The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley..." Circumstances intervened and prevented any watery excursions, I hope Meagen brings back some of whatever she was handing out samples of, I need a drink now. :wallbash:

Edited by Dave Bailey