What ever happened to "The Next Big Thing"

Steve

I think Ang, Pete and Reno have done a pretty good job over the years. Not every venture will be a home run, but at least they try different things. The fact the show is still around after all this time says a lot. It isn't easy to make a full-time living that way.

Agreed!

I was not here in the 80's but when i did come and started watching fishing shows , Pete Bowman always kept me watching, how can you change channels with that laugh of his, very infectious? He seemed a down to earth guy. Loved all the info he has to offer.

I spoke to Ang at the Sail opening in Burlington, and to Paul Castellano's dad, both of the potential new hosts don't know yet. It'll be announced when the new season of FnC begins. It's a good show and very entertaining.

I went to Eddies right after they were there... it was a tough bite but the water was 8' above norm... that place has some crazy fish in it though....as for the next guy... I do know they hired another guy to be on the show... not sure I can say his name but it is not the 2 for mentioned. Met Pete at Sail... great guy to chat with we had actually met him before and mentioned Eddies place to him.... we will go back thats for sure.

Pete Bowman and Angelo Viola filmed an episode at Eddie's camp in late May. Not sure when it'll air, but I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

By all accounts fishing was kind of tough for them, although they got a couple of larger fish.

I think they had the wrong guide. :D

The guide was top notch and the FNC boys were happy. cool.gif Congrats Eddie North!

Well, I was there when they were filming at Eddie's. I was very impressed at the professionalism and genuine good nature of the personalities and staff that made up the film crew. Pete Bowman was especially good natured and quick witted, while Angelo I found to be very gracious and easy to talk to.

Hey!

I found the same, good crew and very easy to connect with. I look forward to seeing the show when it airs.

I had the pleasure of fishing with Pete Bowman in a Pro-Am tournament 7 years ago (god time flies). It was a birthday gift. Pete is a stand up guy and I had a great time fishing with him. I still keep in contact with him today.

passenger.jpg

Here he is giving my younger son some golf tips...

petegolf.jpg

• 1 month later...