Lake O trolling Finally

Live2fish85

Hey there all.

Well this morning my buddy and I decided to take the boat out and troll Lake Ontario. We were on the water by 6:30am. Wasn't long after being set up and the rod fires, by the time we got it the fish was gone. That happened 2 more times and with a few adjustments on the riggers we were set better. Then the dipsey goes and finally we got the first fish on. My buddy landed a nice little bow. After that we trolled another few minutes and the rigger goes, I am up. I have had this thing sonce I started trolling Lake Ontario last summer where I can't land a salmon, everytime I had one on I lost them. Mainly due to me trying to horse them in. Well my fish is up and I brought it in and finally it was my first salmon, A small little coho around 5lbs.

Now that my salmon curse is over I feel alot better. We continue trolling and my buddy lost a really nice bow. Then he got a nice coho.

Back down the line goes and were trolling for a bit and the my turn and the rod fires on the rigger. Right away I set the hook and then I feel it take off, next thing and the lines at 455' out. I have never felt anything pull like this or fight so hard, any time I gained some feet she took some more out. Finally we get it to the boat and woth a little fumbling it was in the net and I had my PB salmon and a fish I won't forget.

Here she is 38.5" and the scale said 23lbs.

2012-07-15093829.jpg

She was beat and didn't want to swim away so we kept her with some of the others. My friend has someone that wanted one so perfect lol.

After that we had a ton of action but most were small coho and another bow . They were small so I will save you from the pictures lol.

The last fish of the day and it was my go. Another salmon but just a small 11lbs Chinook.

2012-07-15114611.jpg

That was it for the day. After last year trolling with only two dipseys and not running them where they needed to be we were awarded today with why the proper gear and tackle helps. Best day was last year was very low numbers today for us was awesome. We ended up going 13/19 and we were off the water by noon.

Thanks

Chris.