Salmon on the Big Green Egg

Pikeslayer8

We are having a small gathering at our house on Saturday... my brother is doing 50lbs of pulled pork on his BGE and bringing it to my house on Saturday.

HH

Drooling all over the keyboard, wonder if the drooling will stop before Saturday. Sounds delicious!

PikeSlayer - thanks so much for the detailed info. I had no idead the BGE's were that much money, but in the long run, it might be worth it considering I've rusted out 2 propane BBQ's in 8 years that were $300 each. I like how versatile they are by your description. Not sure I'm following how you "turn up or down" the heat on those, but I'm sure if I had one I'd figure it out. Man, now you have me jonesing for a charcoal grill!

Head Hunter is correct in the heat control aspect. stretcher.gif Get one, you wont regret it. thumbsup_anim.gif

I'll thank you too. I was thinking the same things before vtbass posted. There is another site I frequent that guys are always posting recipes they are doing on their BGE BBQ's and they sound great. Aparently, they hold these BGE demos in various locations arounf the province and you can buy the demo units at a reduction.

Yea, Grimsbylander, if you can find a demo, jump all over it. Cosco and Lowes here in the states have been selling knockoff versions. I don't see much if any difference.

My brother has a BGE... uses an electric BBQ starter on the charcoal... it heats up in 5 minutes... much faster then my gas grill can.

Temp control on the BGE is done by controlling the amount of oxygen you allow into the egg... more oxygen, higher heat.

You can buy a electron thermosta to control damper... it's thing of beauty.

We are having a small gathering at our house on Saturday... my brother is doing 50lbs of pulled pork on his BGE and bringing it to my house on Saturday.

No doubt in my mind, my next BBQ will be a BGE!

HH

Small gathering lol. I'd hate to see how much pork you'd need for a big ole Head Hunter blowout. clapping.gifclapping.gif Sure would like to see some pictures on how your brother does it. I will be doing a smaller scale pulled pork cook next weekend as well. whistling.gif I do a North Carolina sauce that has plenty of kick dancer.gifcheer2.gifgrouphug.gifthumb.gif

Drooling all over the keyboard, wonder if the drooling will stop before Saturday. Sounds delicious!

I am so with ya.

Hey Pikeslayer... I honestly don't know how he does it, I'll ask him on Saturday... Coleslaw and pulled pork on a bun for 70 people... should be fun! LOL

I've seen FishnSled drool before, I know he's not exagerating! LOL

HH

Brian, you are more than welcome to join us... if you are serious, PM me and I'll get you directions etc...

HH

Edit... my band is playing two sets in my backyard on Saturday... here's a link to our web site

www.roadgravyband.ca

Edited by Headhunter

Brian, you are more than welcome to join us... if you are serious, PM me and I'll get you directions etc...

HH

Edit... my band is playing two sets in my backyard on Saturday... here's a link to our web site

www.roadgravyband.ca

Thanks Joe.

Were heading to Collingwood this Saturday.

But,,,,,,,

THANK YA,,,,,THANK YA VERY MUCH. SIR

Thanks Joe.

Were heading to Collingwood this Saturday.

But,,,,,,,

THANK YA,,,,,THANK YA VERY MUCH. SIR

Isn't that where old people go when they retire Brian? LOL

I'm sure we will both have fun this weekend! But I bet Sunday morning at my house will have few more bodies laying around then all of Collingwood! LMAO

HH

Isn't that where old people go when they retire Brian? LOL

I'm sure we will both have fun this weekend! But I bet Sunday morning at my house will have few more bodies laying around then all of Collingwood! LMAO

HH

Ok, working on the mrs,s.Back to the OP,s thread.

Sorry for the derail.

I'm waiting on some pics of the BBQ and how he got the 50lbs on it... he smoked the pork in a mixture of Cherry wood and apple wood for 14 hours... needless to say it was a hit... we have about 3-4 pds left over...

I'll post some pics once I get them.

HH

I'm waiting on some pics of the BBQ and how he got the 50lbs on it... he smoked the pork in a mixture of Cherry wood and apple wood for 14 hours... needless to say it was a hit... we have about 3-4 pds left over...

I'll post some pics once I get them.

HH

Thanks, I know that I'd love to see them.

How was the party? With 3-4 pounds left over, I'm guessin pretty dang good. w00t.gif