NF - Fish-A-Thon Health Tips

Hey guys - I did this as a separate thread in hopes that it might reach more people! Everyone is doing such an amazing job with the Fish-A-Thon this year and I KNOW that the efforts put forth by all of YOU will someday have a hand at finding a cure for this terrible disease!

At the same time I thought it might be cool to ask my best friend Jamie, to write up some tips on what people can do to decrease their chances of getting cancer! There's an ongoing and probably never ending debate as to how much of it is environmental and how much is genetic, but there's no question that you can do some things to help prevent it. This is pasted directly from him to me. He's an awesome guy, with a big heart and didn't even hesitate to write this up when I asked him. Take it for what it is, agree or disagree but I hope that some of you take something from it!

Cheers,

Ryan

The growing, and unfortunately baseless, opinion that "if I just eat whatever I want in moderation, and take a "generic" multivitamin, I'll be fine" is setting more and more people up for unexpected, and very sad, illness later in life. The truth is, in our society today, there are some things you should just NEVER ingest. Our cancer rates are through the roof, and its not because of bad luck, bad germs, or bad genes. Everything that sustains the large majority of us, from our water, to our air, to the food we eat and the things use for personal hygiene, are poisoned in some way. Believing that you can do what everyone else does and expect different results is what some would call insane. Here are a few easy things you can do right now to get on track with your health, and fight of serious diseases, like cancer, in the future.

1. 80% of the antibiotics used in North America are used on our livestock. That means if you're eating conventional store bought meat, you're literally wiping your own gut clean of healthy bacteria and setting yourself up to be resistant to antibiotics in case of emergency. In fact, research now proves that the manure from conventional cattle is so full of hormones and antibiotics that the fruit and vegetables grown using it are absorbing these toxic levels of medication and they're being passed on to us when we ingest them. Add to that the feedlot living conditions and the acidic diet fed to these animals, and there meat becomes a disease breeding ground.

Solution; eat only organic or locally grown meat or produce. If this is not feasible you MUST be taking a good quality probiotic (not the stuff you get in yogurt) to replenish the good bacteria essential for the maintenance of good health and defense against illness. Without a healthy intestinal tract, you're not absorbing the nutrients from your food, and you're not ridding yourself of the toxins that build in your body over time.

2. Get anything white, fried, or processed out of your diet. There's no debate here. These products literally act as anti-nutrients in your body, and fuel serious disease processes, the worst of which is Cancer. Diseases in general and cancer especially thrive in an acidic/toxic environment. Dr. Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize 80 years ago for discovering that the prime cause of all cancer is the use of sugar for fuel by our bodies instead of the healthy fat we're supposed to rely on. Stop fueling the cancer in your body by getting all forms of toxins and sugar OUT, and alkalize yourself by getting as many raw nutrients through organic vegetables as possible. In fact, juicing organic fruit and vegetable juice is a staple in cancer treatment in the most successful alternative treatment centers in the World. In other words, eating your greens will help save your life.

3. Vitamin D3 - there is more research than you could read in a lifetime about the properties of this wonder vitamin for fighting off diseases like cancer, and keeping the body healthy. Most North Americans are defficient in Vitamin D3 (otherwise known as the sun vitamin) and its ramifications are sadly widespread, causing people to suffer a large spectrum of illnesses, and bringing down the natural immunity we're meant to rely on for never developing cancer in the first place. If you're not getting 30 minutes of direct sunlight daily on to 30% of your body, you're more than likely deficient and are suffering the consequences. Take approximately 6-8000IUs of vitamin D3 daily to start, and then taper down to 4000IUs once you're sufficient. Make sure the supplement you choose is either a gel cap or liquid drops; the hard white pills are garbage.

There you have it! A few simple ways to start making a huge difference in your health. Your body is sacred, treat it that way. Once you've internalized this, you'll realize that your health is your choice, and that the power to a better life starts little by little with every decision you make.

Yours in Health,

Dr. Jamie Khoury DC

.....There you go buddy, love you lots, hope this helps a lot of people