Dog Lovers

Twocoda

Corruption runs rampant through the OLP of yesteryear and still does because the Liberals are still disregarding the Experts advice that BSL does not or work and in violation of our Charter...Its important that everyone in the ridings of Vaughan and Kitchener/ Waterloo vote in the this upcomming Sept 6 "Buy" Election to remove the Liberal regime from a majority power and restore democracy in Ontario sending the message to Dalton that his antics will no longer be tolerated... Exercise your rights and send that message!

This issue is MUCH more than just "dogs" and the violations of our Charter of Rights

I can see that it's important to you that everyone in Vaughan and KW boot the Liberal MPP's (the last two of which in KW have stepped down...) in the by-elections but I wonder how the people who are actually voting feel?

I'm having trouble understanding how you can write "it's important that everyone in Vaughan and KW vote my way" and "restore democracy in Ontario" in the same sentence. Did I miss the part where democracy was stuffed into a box and carted away?

I've been trying to keep my yap shut on this one, but the one-sided political agenda pushing is baffling.

Green Canada

I cant speak for Selma but i have heard her say words along the lines of "not ailienating" but for me its a pill thats hard to swallow when the liberals alienate the EXPERT opinions for which good Law is based on, for example the 4000+ veterinarians of Ontario ? The post to Selma's Caveat was to show you that this issue isnt just about dogs and to point out to you what you refer to as "silly". Police Officers are required by law to have a warrant to enter someones house if unwelcome..."Silly" in my mind is that an Animal Control Officer doesnt require one and can steal your property (dog) on an allegation of an untrained eye (neighbour/politician/peace officer) just by saying the word mythical "Pit Bull" You seen in the video Bryant trying to pick the "pit bull" out of the photographs. DO you not think if he is writing a LAW for us Ontarians to abide by..he should at least KNOW what he is writing it about? Now thats "silly" and ignorant. Silly is not looking to a sucessful format such as Calgary's. If it seems harsh against the Liberals then its for good reason...Im sure you know of many other issues regarding the Liberal Regime as i do too but this thread isnt about that...its to provide information to the people of this forum that are not aware of what is going on...if you have secret information to justify BSL that is current and proven then please do post it and help the people out of the forum so they can make an educated decision as to where they stand.

I can see that it's important to you that everyone in Vaughan and KW boot the Liberal MPP's (the last two of which in KW have stepped down...) in the by-elections but I wonder how the people who are actually voting feel?

Thats the problem kemper...the people arent voting and for this...McGuinty thanks you...

I'm having trouble understanding how you can write "it's important that everyone in Vaughan and KW vote my way" and "restore democracy in Ontario" in the same sentence. Did I miss the part where democracy was stuffed into a box and carted away?

I dont want people to vote my way...i want people to vote...and know who they are voting for...i have no political agenda to any paticular party...it just so happens the party that is messing up our Ontario is McGuinty and his "whipped" Liberals (refer to the you tube video i posted of the comitteee meeting regarding BSL) and tell me that waste of taxpayers money is worth the game McGuinty is playing...and it IS a game of power as far as they are concerned to maintain the majority so they can impose Bad Laws as they see fit...

I've been trying to keep my yap shut on this one, but the one-sided political agenda pushing is baffling.

Kemper Please convince me Breed Specific Legislation is making OUR Ontario safe and not a waste of our tax dollars and does nothing but ruin Good peoples families and kills dogs...dont keep quiet...a civil discussion can go on here...i hope it does...have your say ...

Tragic Suicide After Pet Dog Is Destroyed:

Mark Amston, aged 20 years, committed suicide in 1991 the day after he had his own dog, a pit bull terrier, destroyed, he had failed to get the compulsory insurance.The pit bull terrier ‘Sandy’ had been brought as a six week old puppy in March 1991 before the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 was introduced.

The death of Mark Amston was investigated by Coroner Mr Dewi Pritchard Jones, the inquest heard that dog owner Mark had been worried as he had failed to get the compulsory insurance for his dog under the restrictions introduced in 1991, the coroner Mr Jones said that Mr Amston’s position changed from having a family pet to being the owner of something which in the eyes of the law was dangerous and had to be controlled, Mark Amston had his dog put down and the following day he hanged himself. The Coroner said:

“In this case it was a family pet that had to be put down, not a fierce animal. There was no evidence that this dog was fierce. I think the lesson from this death is that legislation should be based on reason and not on panic.”

Mrs Christine Amston, Mark’s mother said that the dog had been brought as a puppy before the new regulations came into force and that the family had no idea her son had been planning to have the dog put down or, after he had, that he was planning to take his own life.

Mark’s Amston’s seventeen year old sister found him hanging from an attic doorway at the top of the stairs the day after Sandy the dog was destroyed.

Coroner Mr Jones said that the death of Mark Amston, aged 20, from Caernarfon, was “a consequence of legislation rushed out and not properly thought out”.

He also said that it was obvious that the Government had been pushed into an action by a press campaign which had highlighted dog biting incidents, however trivial and “all of a sudden this family pet became a dangerous weapon, you might say, subject to controls and compulsory insurance, as if one were in possession of a lethal weapon”.

Mr Jones said that Mr Amston had left a note and it showed that he was closely attached to the dog and had decided to die with him. The note had simply read:

“Goodbye; me and Sandy will be together for ever.

Me and Sandy will never be parted again.”

If this becomes a "politically" motivated agenda the whole thread will vanish. whistling.gif

Its not politically motivated at all...its BSL motivated...and to do away with a Bad Law and inform the people of this forum as best they can be informed on BOTH sides of the fence. There are alot of dog owners on here and i would think they would appreciate knowing whether or not they agree or disagree...

Tragic Suicide After Pet Dog Is Destroyed:

I don't know why I bother commenting on this thread, other than to prevent users from taking what is presented here as fact.

In 1991, if memory serves me correctly we had a Premier by the name of Bob Rae, leader of the Ontario NDP. (Not McGuinty)

The legislation spoken about in this article (not sure where it originated from, as I found it on some website that anyone could make) is from 1991. http://www.endangereddogs.com/DDA-Suicide.htm

It does not make mention of the same statutes that were passed in 2005 and therefore is not relevant to your discussion of BSL in my opinion.

This young man obviously was not being provided the care, treatment/counselling, or restraint that was required of his situation. He did not die because of the legislation enacted in 1991, he died because he did not know how to continue on without his companion. This is unfortunate, but I would hazard to say a VERY RARE occurrence, unless the person in question maybe was dealing with some serious mental health issues. Did this young man suffer from undiagnosed mental health issues as well? I have no idea.

I am getting sick and tired of reading the bleeding heart stories being posted here and am just about ready to counter each one with an equally devastating story from a victim of a dog attack, whether it be a chocolate lab (my dog breed) or a pit-bull type dog.

Your political diatribe is getting old and I would appreciate you creating an email listserv of willing participants instead of spamming our fishing board with this one sided debate using stories that are designed to pull at heart strings, while not providing unbiased intelligent debate.

So my last comment in this thread, before matching story for story is this.

Create an email list Twocoda, where you can send weekly/daily/hourly updates on your cause and crusade. It would be more appropriate and it would be much more respectful of others who don't feel or do feel the same as you.

Kemper Please convince me Breed Specific Legislation is making OUR Ontario safe and not a waste of our tax dollars and does nothing but ruin Good peoples families and kills dogs...dont keep quiet...a civil discussion can go on here...i hope it does...have your say ...

My comments weren't regarding BSL, Twocoda. I do have an opinion based on personal experience, but this certainly is not the forum for that discussion.

its seems to me you havent been reading everything ...only the things you choose to read which is your prerogative i suppose as well as its your prerogative to NOT click on the link that is Titled "Dog Lovers" i said it before and ill say it again...i realize this is a fishing forum and i also realize there are alot of people in this fishing forum that own and care for their pets...you havent provided one ounce of intelligent debate but remedial criticism of this thread without debating anything of the wealth of information i have provided of NOW statistics and proof...im sorry but i feel you arent representing YOUR opinion of the matter very well other than being a troll to this thread. If are a type of person that cant pass the media hyteria out of your system and see the truth for what it really is ...go fishing and leave this thread alone...if you have more information than the 4000 plus veterinarians in this province or the thousands of EXPERTS around the world then feel free to post it ???? Contrary to YOUR belief your not the only person in this forum...and this is listed in Genersl Discussion....(keeping it civil)

If the truth pulls on heartstrings then maybe there is something wrong with the Law as it pertains to BSL? what is your opinion???

Its Ridiculous how OUR Liberals that represent OUR Ontario are campaigning their accomplishments towards education in this province but yet they deny to listen to the educated EXPERTS as it pertains to their BAD Law that was formed from Panic Policy ( Proof is spread all out through this thread)....

In case you missed it or it was deleted like some of my posts here it is again feel free to debate this and if you cant ...dont call Dalton for an answer because he cant either!

I honestly hope you do reply to the OVMA Proof of EXPERTS and if you dont,,,then ill just accept the fact your out fishing and having fun

To answer your question about how BLS violates the Charter of rights....PM me and ill give you the phone number of a police officer in Winnipeg (upon his consent) and he will tell you how he isnt free to move from Winnipeg to Ontario to accept a job with the OPP because he has a dog that falls under BSL...(Now read the Charter)

Cheers

http://www.ovma.org/pdf/oepnletter_bill16_may12.pdf

Edited by Twocoda

its seems to me you havent been reading everything ...only the things you choose to read which is your prerogative i suppose as well as its your prerogative to NOT click on the link that is Titled "Dog Lovers" i said it before and ill say it again...i realize this is a fishing forum and i also realize there are alot of people in this fishing forum that own and care for their pets...you havent provided one ounce of intelligent debate but remedial criticism of this thread without debating anything of the wealth of information i have provided of NOW statistics and proof...im sorry but i feel you arent representing YOUR opinion of the matter very well other than being a troll to this thread. If are a type of person that cant pass the media hyteria out of your system and see the truth for what it really is ...go fishing and leave this thread alone...if you have more information than the 4000 plus veterinarians in this province or the thousands of EXPERTS around the world then feel free to post it ???? Contrary to YOUR belief your not the only person in this forum...and this is listed in Genersl Discussion....(keeping it civil)

If the truth pulls on heartstrings then maybe there is something wrong with the Law as it pertains to BSL? what is your opinion???

Its Ridiculous how OUR Liberals that represent OUR Ontario are campaigning their accomplishments towards education in this province but yet they deny to listen to the educated EXPERTS as it pertains to their BAD Law that was formed from Panic Policy ( Proof is spread all out through this thread)....

In case you missed it or it was deleted like some of my posts here it is again feel free to debate this and if you cant ...dont call Dalton for an answer because he cant either!

I honestly hope you do reply to the OVMA Proof of EXPERTS and if you dont,,,then ill just accept the fact your out fishing and having fun

To answer your question about how BLS violates the Charter of rights....PM me and ill give you the phone number of a police officer in Winnipeg (upon his consent) and he will tell you how he isnt free to move from Winnipeg to Ontario to accept a job with the OPP because he has a dog that falls under BSL...(Now read the Charter)

Cheers

http://www.ovma.org/pdf/oepnletter_bill16_may12.pdf

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I don't intend to get into the debate on BSL.

I was just surprised at the fact that such a one-sided barrage of information (political, as much as anything else) has been allowed to go on so long. That said, I shouldn't be clicking on threads that aren't of interest to me. I'll take my own advice, and stop reading.

Good luck with your campaign. An unsolicited tip - consider having an inclusive discussion, instead of blasting folks with a loudspeaker.

Cheers.

My comments weren't regarding BSL, Twocoda. I do have an opinion based on personal experience, but this certainly is not the forum for that discussion.

This is a BSL thread from the start because it took the life of a dog and ruined a family half way around the world not even in Canada ...but since we live under the same conditions as that dog named Lennox it pertains to us here in Ontario as well..It happens here too...As the reasons of BSLs existence became a reality i found it disturbing so i thought the people (who care to know) on this forum would like to know as well..History will speak for itself as time goes on ..Im not advocating for PC or NDP or the Peoples Party

Im advocating for DOGS and it just so happens the Liberals are the ones that created this mess in Ontario...thats not to say it coulsnt have been a different party that did it but it wasnt...there are level headed Liberals that know BSL is wrong and have stood up against it... and against their BOSS by standing for the people of their constituants. Kim Cotrel is probably the BIGGEST man in our Country right now because he is a Liberal and the co author of Hersheys Bill 16 ( talk about Cahonas) ...As of today there are 3 Liberals that know its wrong and are stepping out against their boss...who knows if the PC or NDP would have the gumption to do the same as these three Liberals...but ...Randy Hillier (PC) and Cheri DiNovo :NDP} hearts have been in this from the beginning and will see it through one way or another until the end....Are they good politicians???beats me never heard of them before until i got myself into this but from what i have learned of them...they both seem like fine balanced people and passionate for what they believe in ( keeping in mind they are politicians) So im not slamming all liberals just the ones that wont stand up for their people and allow Dalton to intimidate them with his methods to force them to be "whipped" and of course Dalton himself, When he grew up with a dog that falls under his BSL law to be euthanized and knows better then the general public what these dogs are all about but yet still buys into Bryants smokescreen to collect votes one euthanized puppy at a time...Dalton Sr and Dalton Jr lived a loving life with their family pet...but the rest of us cant???? Something wrong wouldnt you say?

Edited by Twocoda