Kawartha Cottage rental

SylvanOwner

Hi,

We have a cottage rental lined up for 3rd week in August to spend some time with family from England. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if I can boat through from Dummer Lake/White Lake (I think this name is interchangeable??) to Stony Lake @ Gilchrist Bay? The imagery on Google isn't quite high enough resolution to be sure if the waterways are connected and of course no way to tell depth. I have a 14' aluminum as well as canoe and kayak that I plan on bringing.

Of course any info. on fishing would be most welcome. Are there musky in Dummer?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Edited by SylvanOwner

I fished Dummer with a resident of the lake a few years ago and he told me it was basically landlocked and you couldn't go thru to Stoney by boat.

One of the homes had a private boat ramp and evidently that's also the only way to get your boat in or out of the lake.

At least that's what I was told me :dunno:

Lew is correct... I have a friend who owned a cottage on Dummer... one resident has the boat launch and you cannot get to Stoney from Dummer.

I fished Dummer one evening with three guys who had never been fishing before... we got three nice Pickereyes fishing the weed edges...

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Well that is certainly unexpected.... <_< and potentially very disappointing....regarding the launch. Not a big deal to drive to Stony but would be nice to not have to all week.

Anyone know whether this landowner will provide access to his launch for money? How to contact? :dunno:

Edited by SylvanOwner

We rented a cottage on Dummer/White last year. Fishing was good for walleye and bass - both happily took tubes in the weedbeds and the bass were also receptive to shallow cranks and surface poppers.

A word of warning if you were looking to do pleasure boating. It's a very boring lake to do so on. It's small, round/oval with no bays and every square inch of shore is occupied by cottages. No nature to explore, but good for practicing circles.

The land-locked nature of the lake does have real advantages - there was very little traffic for a lake so close to Toronto - but Stony is a much prettier lake.

Edited by jgloverwork

We rented a cottage on Dummer/White last year. Fishing was good for walleye and bass - both happily took tubes in the weedbeds and the bass were also receptive to shallow cranks and surface poppers.

A word of warning if you were looking to do pleasure boating. It's a very boring lake to do so on. It's small, round/oval with no bays and every square inch of shore is occupied by cottages. No nature to explore, but good for practicing circles.

The land-locked nature of the lake does have real advantages - there was very little traffic for a lake so close to Toronto - but Stony is a much prettier lake.

Good to hear we can at least expect to catch a few fish and yeah, figured out that much about the scenery from Google, oh well, a couple trips into Stony ought to spruce things up a bit for the visitors. Thanks!!

Dan