Boat Rod Storage

So a reply to one of my other posts got me thinking. I just bought a Smokercraft Promag. Never thought to test out the rod storage. It has in-floor storage for 8 rods with tubes. I have 7ft one piece rods and the eyes are too big to slide into tubes ( what are boat manufacturers thinking). Anyone else encounter this problem?

I also have a Smokercraft (Millentia) and find that depending on the size and configuration of the guides on spinning rods, they will not fit into the rod locker tubes. My solution is to not put them in since my more valuable rods are all baitcasters. I haveheard of people removing the tubes and being able to fit more rods into those slots. I am not sure if that will work for allowing a spinning rod to fit since the hole would still be only slightly larger than the tube. If it does work, be careful putting your rods into the holder, and removing them. I fear the loss of some guides.

i have those tubes in my stratos, the first large guide doesnt actually enter the tube so they fit.

however..i cant recall breaking as many rods as i do now. several have come out of the tubes broken. perhaps on the way in but i think i would notice.

ive broken 3 or 4 since i got the boat, all going into or out of the tube.

dont think i ever broke a rod before i had this slick rod locker.