St Clair Muskie

Sebastian

Im planning to go troll LSC for a few days this week for the first time. I hear Belle River is the popular area. I read quite a bit about the setups out there. Planer board rod, long rod and prop wash rod. Seems simple enough. As for lures i hear Stalkers, Loke, Harvos and Woodies work well. Seems to be a slightly different Muskie fishery than elsewhere. I will also cast/jig the river if need be.

Anything im missing? Any advice?

You can PM if you dont want to post too much on here.

Open advice from me would be to PM MikeP and Outlaw....bring a few Woodies and some Handlebarz and with their advice you should do well. I'd also be game to rig a Stalker or Chubbie in perch pattern on a downrod. Good luck to you.

trolling crank baits work amazing down here most of the time running them 5-8' down using weight and line length to get to your desired depth.

Colors black perch,Special Perch,Frog patterns,walleye, pike scale will cover the main colors

Dont be afraid to run bucktails they are also killer here and if the fish are on a bucktail bite hold on they will light up using kiel weights or heavy 4-10oz weight ahead of your top swivel to keep your line from twisting is a must I also only use steel seven strand wire for them it will not twist up like floro or other leaders when running 4-8mph they spin alot also adding a swivel to the bucktail witha split ring helps the line twist big time.

Coors that we run most of the time.

Confusion,Bleeding Perl,Electric black,Fire tiger,Ice,Pearl will cover the basics for them.

We run alot of wash rods using heavy weights again 6-16oz to keep the lure in the wash just inches to a couple feet back of the prop. You can also run the bait at the back of the wash where the white water ends behind your motor.

For running boards we will run 2oz 40' back usually to start or clean and 40'back just to see where they might be for the day. Watch your graph and see where the bait is put your lures just above the bait and work it.

We use longer leaders then most places usually 5-6' this way you can attach your weed guard or weight 6' ahead of your baits to catch the weeds and keep them running clean. Check your baits often to make sure they are running clean not much worse then fishing with someone who ill not clean there lines and whe they do its full of weeds what a waist of time.

Like Pete said trolling from the hump east and west is a good starting point 14FOW is a good starting point keep moving until you find them if you get one fish stay in the area and work it as there will be more.

Hope that helps some.

trolling crank baits work amazing down here most of the time running them 5-8' down using weight and line length to get to your desired depth.

Colors black perch,Special Perch,Frog patterns,walleye, pike scale will cover the main colors

Dont be afraid to run bucktails they are also killer here and if the fish are on a bucktail bite hold on they will light up using kiel weights or heavy 4-10oz weight ahead of your top swivel to keep your line from twisting is a must I also only use steel seven strand wire for them it will not twist up like floro or other leaders when running 4-8mph they spin alot also adding a swivel to the bucktail witha split ring helps the line twist big time.

Coors that we run most of the time.

Confusion,Bleeding Perl,Electric black,Fire tiger,Ice,Pearl will cover the basics for them.

We run alot of wash rods using heavy weights again 6-16oz to keep the lure in the wash just inches to a couple feet back of the prop. You can also run the bait at the back of the wash where the white water ends behind your motor.

For running boards we will run 2oz 40' back usually to start or clean and 40'back just to see where they might be for the day. Watch your graph and see where the bait is put your lures just above the bait and work it.

We use longer leaders then most places usually 5-6' this way you can attach your weed guard or weight 6' ahead of your baits to catch the weeds and keep them running clean. Check your baits often to make sure they are running clean not much worse then fishing with someone who ill not clean there lines and whe they do its full of weeds what a waist of time.

Like Pete said trolling from the hump east and west is a good starting point 14FOW is a good starting point keep moving until you find them if you get one fish stay in the area and work it as there will be more.

Hope that helps some.

Wow! Id take that info over gps weigh points any day. Great tips Mike

Of your heading out this weekend have a look at our Muskie classic we will be running out of Belleriver there is a thread I posted here. It's June 29-July 1st

Great advise Mike,I myself learned so much in that thread. Thanks for the tips.

don't know if you heard about this guy, he's guide in the area and makes his own lures that are sold pretty much everywhere now, check him out on facebook:

http://www.facebook....178903825455297

and his site:

http://www.bondybaitcompany.com/

He's also a member here (Bondy), so a private message will reach him.