Carp

GreenCanada

So I went out to a storm retention pond that is way back in the bush beside a 400 series highway last night and hammered some 5-10lb carp. You could see hundreds across the pond splashing, surfacing, or generally causing a ruckous.

I was wondering if people would be willing to provide me with a couple spots to drop a line for some carp in Burlington. Either in L. Ontario or not, doesn't matter. Just want to give the girlfriend a chance to catch a beast :)

You can PM me if you have some info you'd like to share and I promise not to leave garbage lying around!

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

You people are awesome! I appreciate the tips :D

I didn't get out carp fishing in Burlington this weekend, but I did try my luck off a pier I had been eyeing for quite some time.

Managed a 15lb chinook on Saturday afternoon! Surprising to say the least, as I figured they would be out over the deeper water still. Then this morning I thought why not try my luck again, and slammed a 30"+ steelhead. Due to my lack of pier fishing equipment (no big landing net to lift them the 6ft) no pictures to prove my worth, but the experience has me lickin' my chops again to 1) buy a big net, 2) get my butt back down there.

You people are awesome! I appreciate the tips :D

I didn't get out carp fishing in Burlington this weekend, but I did try my luck off a pier I had been eyeing for quite some time.

Managed a 15lb chinook on Saturday afternoon! Surprising to say the least, as I figured they would be out over the deeper water still. Then this morning I thought why not try my luck again, and slammed a 30"+ steelhead. Due to my lack of pier fishing equipment (no big landing net to lift them the 6ft) no pictures to prove my worth, but the experience has me lickin' my chops again to 1) buy a big net, 2) get my butt back down there.

that is awesome man!! makes me want to go to the fishermans pier to throw some spoons tomorrow after I finish my accounting exam!!!!