Using a wet fly on a dry line set-up

davey buoy

You will be fine as others have said. You can even add some shot to get it down deeper. Also you can simply swing the fly as sometimes fish do not seem to want it striped in.

Make a cast quartering down stream, and mend if necessary to slow the fly down and just the let current take it. This will cause the fly to swing until the line is directly below you downstream. Before recasting it let it sit there for a couple pauses often fish take it at this time.

google wet fly swing for a video or a better explanation.

If you want your fly to sink a bit faster, you can use a fluorocarbon leader.

To fish nymphs like wooly buggers, you cast but you keep the rod pointed to where the leader or line has entered the water. When the fish picks up the fly, it will hook itself.

Using a floating line for river fishing is great because you can vary the length of the leader according to the depth of the water.

I guess it's different strokes for different folks, but I'm taken aback by the number of people who adulterate freshly caught fish by adding other stuff to it. It seems a bit like 'chicken fried" steak you get down south i.e battered. blahblah1.gifblahblah1.gif

?????????? what you talking about willis ?????? your point sir !