LSC/Lighthouse cove launch?

scugpg

Hi all - does anyone know what boat launches there are at Lighthouse cove on lake st clair? Just wondering about quality and prices of the launch. I'm also aware of jeanette's creek launch up the river but was curious what else there is in the area to get out into the lake.

Thanks.

Edited by Spooled

I use the creek launch 100% of the time. The free LH launch has no dock and you have to climb down a ladder that is broken and only attached on one side.

There is a pay launch in LH cove marina it's great for bigger boats but you have to idle out through the Mariana then down the cut to the river.

I use the creek launch 100% of the time. The free LH launch has no dock and you have to climb down a ladder that is broken and only attached on one side.

There is a pay launch in LH cove marina it's great for bigger boats but you have to idle out through the Mariana then down the cut to the river.

And its expensive as heck ! If I'm not mistaken... $10 to launch and $10 to pull ???

And its expensive as heck ! If I'm not mistaken... $10 to launch and $10 to pull ???

It's funny how different folks view things, cause I find $20 to be VERY reasonable for a good ramp with docks. I regularly pay $15 - $20 in the Kawarthas and don't mind at all.

I've used both the LSC ramps in question here and find them both in pretty rough shape but prefer the Jennings ramp over the Lighthouse.

We'll be coming down this fall as usual and I'll definetly be checking out the marina ramp that you guys are talking about. Until I read Mikes post I didn't even realize it was available to the public.

Some folks who have just enough money for gas for the truck ( car) and the boat find 20 dollars very expensive. Its a question of economics. If you have tons of cash then its really not a big deal.

Edited by Squid

It's funny how different folks view things, cause I find $20 to be VERY reasonable for a good ramp with docks. I regularly pay $15 - $20 in the Kawarthas and don't mind at all.

I've used both the LSC ramps in question here and find them both in pretty rough shape but prefer the Jennings ramp over the Lighthouse.

We'll be coming down this fall as usual and I'll definetly be checking out the marina ramp that you guys are talking about. Until I read Mikes post I didn't even realize it was available to the public.

I see where you're coming from Lew - especially if it means a better ramp and less traffic.

Some folks who have just enough money for gas for the truck ( car) and the boat find 20 dollars very expensive. Its a question of economics. If you have tons of cash then its really not a big deal.

Obviously if someone doesn't have the money it's expensive Pete, but I'm just saying I'd MUCH rather pay $20 for a good ramp, rather than using a poor ramp for free.

Alot of these places put a pile of $$$$ into their ramps and docks, and they also often have gas available and even washrooms sometimes and I'll gladly pay to use them.