Discovered and Conquered…..

bassjnkie

I was told about a lake in the area that holds carp. 20mins from home I decided to have a look around. There were 3 big parking lots. One spot has a nice platform right at the bank. I wasn’t going to fish but just check the area. Well….. I couldn’t resist…..I’m a fisherman…

So I get the chair, new Middy waggler rod, scopex Cukk, net and a can of sweet corn. As I get to the platform I noticed a lot of fizzing going on. I put on my favorite Jaxon float and plum the depth. Turns out the depth are from 1’ to 2’. I cast my line in about 18” depth and toss out a small amount of corn. Within 15mins of casting, the first carp is on, running and running it took me forever to bring it in on a 6lb hook length. Landed it, took a picture and let it swim. Cast out again followed by a small amount corn. 15mins go by and the float disappears, FISH ON… Much smaller than the first it was easier to handle. It is definitely a great place, will be back soon.

The only problem with this place: there are people everywhere that stop to ask questions, I missed some bites while chatting. I went to fish an hour but ended staying there for two cause of the interruptions. It’s worth it though.

20120607_190445.jpg

20120607_192259.jpg