Transducer install.

Lunker777

Hey everyone

I just mounted the ducer for my HDS ..... I think we got it dialed in properly. but I just wanted to the expert advice of the folks on this forum.

I'm sorry the photo is a little blurry... but its tough to hold a straight-edge and snap a pic with an Iphone !

I have the straight-edge coming directly off the bottom of the boat and it lines up pretty well with the center line of the transducer. According to the install directions.... that's how she should be. It is level as-well.

what do ya think ?

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Bring tools first time out...

Because level on your trailer and level in the water are different...

If you see your arches(fish marks) are incomplete... You should adjust your angle...

Like if the arches seem cut off on their left... It's aimed too far back... And if they're cut off on their right sides then it's aimed too far foreward...

You'll have to find your sweet spot where you get readings at full plane and your arches are as good as you can get em....

If it doesnt read bottom while you are traveling at high speed, tilt it down a notch.

Paul, you must have taken my advice on how to get reading at high speeds....

YES....do as Paul said....tilt the back side DOWNWARD so it actually shoots the beam a bit towards the bow....this will guarantee good high speed readings.

Bob