Vacation

trevy727

Hello everyone.

I've got the last week in August and first few days in September off work, 11 days total, and I haven't decided what to do yet. I've got a couple ideas and would like to hear your opinions on them.

1- Biscotasing for 5-6 days then French river for remaining days. I've been to both these places and I wouldn't want to go to either for the entire 11 days as the wife and I will be camping and we will also be at the French 3 or 4 times before these holidays.

2- Nipigon, river or lake? Is this a good time to get into some brook trout up there? I also have downriggers for lakers if needed.

3- French river for a few days and maybe hit a couple kawartha lakes and maybe a day trip into simcoe, lake Ontario etc....

I'll be happy doing any of these options but maybe you guys have some other ideas that you could share. Keep in mind that we will be tenting it where ever we end up.

Thanks

For me - no comparison. Nipigon. Scenery,fishing, get away from it all and you can day trip to all you want from there too.

I agree, Nipigon....the northern part of the lake is much quieter if you can find a place to stay up that way and the scenery is second to none. Even if the trout aren't biting, the pike will be... Day trips are a possibility depending on the boat size. There are some great drive-to lakes...If you find one with fish keep it quite..lol.. I fished last year with a retired bait dealer/camp owner and he wouldn't let us have a gps or even tell us where we were going but we caught a ton of fish. If any of the camp owners find out where the fish are biting they send all of their clients there...Won't take long to fish it down...

Ok, I was leaning towards Nipigon but the drive is sooooo long from Guelph. Any way, if I go to Nipigon, does anyone have any info on camping? Boat launch? Any usefull tips? I know I'll find it all on the interweb but I know there are a few guys that have been from this forum and I really appreciate the first hand experiences.

Thanks again