Very good Crappie fishing today

limeyangler

Hi all,

Between night shifts today i decided to go for an hour session to see if the crappie were done their spawn or not. I was thinking i'd missed the spawn already as the fishing had been slow for them so far this year.

I was wrong.....temps are now around 60-62F and the crappie are stacked up in the shallows where they normally are.

Slip bobbers or micro jigs and minnows worked well( 1/8 ounce jig under the bobber).

Took more time to clean them than to catch them!

VIDEO FROM TODAY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tpEZTv0hWAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

Well Simon,

thanks for the viewing pleasure Bud. :clapping: One has to wonder though....if someone is watching/listening on shore how you are talking to yourself ha ha ha....they might make some interesting observations ha ha ha :whistling:

Don't know when, don't know how but I've got to come and visit you for some hot walley/crappie fishing ;))) don't care about anything else but those two species.... :Gonefishing:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Well Simon,

thanks for the viewing pleasure Bud. :clapping: One has to wonder though....if someone is watching/listening on shore how you are talking to yourself ha ha ha....they might make some interesting observations ha ha ha :whistling:

Don't know when, don't know how but I've got to come and visit you for some hot walley/crappie fishing ;))) don't care about anything else but those two species.... :Gonefishing:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

They would worry even more if they heard me on the way in belting out Al Green tunes as loud as i can "lets staaaaaay togethaaaaah....luvin' you whether...whether.....times are good or bad...yeaaah...happy or saaaaad" :thumbsup_anim:

They would worry even more if they heard me on the way in belting out Al Green tunes as loud as i can "lets staaaaaay togethaaaaah....luvin' you whether...whether.....times are good or bad...yeaaah...happy or saaaaad" :thumbsup_anim:

Thats too funny Simon! When I'm on the shore by myself, I'm singing "signed sealed delivered" or "help from my friends"!!!!

haha, must be us foreigners living up in NW Ontario???

Nice slabs bro, I got some pics coming up to make you jealous as well thumbsup_anim.gif lol. (FYI, prefish walleye, lower Manitou trout, NW Bay crappie) I'm saving up dooood!!!!!!

Edited by manitoubass2

You've been looking through this window for a few years now, welcome to the other side!

Long bites like that are ones to remember man!

Thanks Slop...yup...been chasing these guys for a while now...i think the next step would be to try night fishing...but the bugs down here at night are almost literally lethal!

Thats too funny Simon! When I'm on the shore by myself, I'm singing "signed sealed delivered" or "help from my friends"!!!!

haha, must be us foreigners living up in NW Ontario???

Nice slabs bro, I got some pics coming up to make you jealous as well thumbsup_anim.gif lol. (FYI, prefish walleye, lower Manitou trout, NW Bay crappie) I'm saving up dooood!!!!!!

Awesome....nice selection of tunes you chose to ruin...lol....i definitely murder the songs i attempt. So...you did get out for trout....cant wait to see your pics man.

Beauty slabs! mmmmmmm mmmm!

Thanks Stotmeister!

Nice stringer! I'm hoping to get out to the Ponds this weekend for a few myself...

Thanks Jigsnreels.....go get 'em...dont forget to report back ;)