Cleaning River Scum

bushy23

Like billy said take it fishing for a day then clean it after as it will soften the scum. As for what cleaner I am not sure.

magic eraser may work - but it is a micro-abrasive pad so that is your call. It should remove it. After that spray a vinegar/water mix on it and wipe after loading on the trailer - I just started doing this and it gets rid of water spots.

I have tried several cleaners today and had little success. The boat has been dry docked since last fall. I think I will take her fishing and let it soak for a few hours in fresh water. Hopefully that will loosen things up a bit.

Starbrite Hull cleaner. Available at Cdn Tire. Mix 50/50 in a spray bottle with water. Wet hull with hose, spray on, leave for a few minutes, get a car wash brush, give quick little scrub and hose off. VOILA!! Never fails.

Starbrite Hull cleaner. Available at Cdn Tire. Mix 50/50 in a spray bottle with water. Wet hull with hose, spray on, leave for a few minutes, get a car wash brush, give quick little scrub and hose off. VOILA!! Never fails.

yep, my boat is in the Erie for 8 months a year and it makes it like new every time

X4 on the Starbrite Hull Cleaner from CTC. Been using it on my aluminum for 4 years now; no problems such as eating the paint or dulling paint etc. Just follow instructions and I follow up with a coating of carnuuba wax.