Another boat build up

krixxer

CCMT's posted the great work he did on his boat so I thought I'd kill some time today and introduce my frypan.

Like all boats this one comes with a story.... I got this for 1400 two seasons ago. My friends dad had a co-worker with a boat in the yard... I'll ask for you.....so I buy the boat sight unseen.

I ended up with one hell of a project. All the wood had to go, all the paint had to go... you name it I replaced it. I regret not having the initial pictures but it's all for the best, I'd rather forget what it took to get her to this point.

1336484447540.jpg

1336484508321.jpg

1336484488115.jpg

1336484552085.jpg

I am totally spoiled with the shop space. I keep the boat in a little corner behind the booth away form prying eyes.

Last pic! The floors

As an alternative to carpet I used a polyurethane paint with 20% Teflon additive. It feels like a pan, easy to clean but dangerously slippery when wet so in the last coat I added some Griptex.

1334514159122.jpg

If you need a bit more anti-slip on certain areas - floors, gunnel - would recommend the self-adhesive anti-slip tape sold at Home Depot. Available in rolls of black or white. Located in the store next to the display of tubes of silicone and other sealers.

Have used it on both boat and pontoon boat and has lasted many seasons without lifting.