Simms Customer Service Rocks!!!!!

DRIFTER_016

Just got off the phone with the guys at Simms about the repair on my G3's.

I sent them in quite a while ago and hadn't heard back from them or seen my waders show up in the mail. :unsure:

Turns out they have been fixed for a while and sitting on a shelf there since the repairs were done.

They apologised about the delay as I should have received a call way back. The repairs cost $41 plus the shipping back to me (probably about $30).

They waived all of the fees because of the delay!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

When they come back they will be relegated to backup duty as I got some new duds this year.

A shiny new pair of G4 Pros and Guide boots. :good: :good:

Hey that sounds good,you'll love em! I have the Rivershed boot and a pair of G4 pro waders, not the 'Z' (im not that feeble)(yet) LOL

although releasing mother nature can be time consuming, then I wish I had gone for the Z.

Ive had them for 17 or so months now and got a gash through some of the layers on the knee, I have patched it myself, and its just fine, but ugly. I recently noticed I may have a small leak in my neoprene bootie.. anyways,its a wee pain. did you call simms first about your repair/warranty? or just send them in? have you registered them? because I haven't registered mine yet.. I dont think..

So does that mean I'm void? I hope not with the $ spent. and I truly love them and have 0 complaints. PM me it you wish or just keep the thread open.. Peace! Jordan

I never did register them.

I got an RMA # using the repair page on their site.

Mine are 6 years old and today they said this is the only time that they would repair them as they are at the end of their life. :whistling:

To get 6 years with no issues is pretty good. IMO

Although this past fall they started springing leaks all over the place. :rolleyes:

I ended up using 5 Simms patch kits on my trip to Alaska and still had some leaks when I came to Ontario in October. They told me they fixed the pocket (it was ripped to shreds) replaced the booties (one had pi holes) and fixed a ton of pin hole leaks.

As for my G4's, they are nice waders. I can't wait to get them wet.

I'll probably go down to the Yellowknife River when it opens up next month.

I need to go and figure out how to do this spey casting thing anyway so I'll get to test out the new pants and get to swing some flies at the same time. ;)

I wonder how many people spey fish for pike and walleye? :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I broke down and bought Simms waders a couple years back. I think mine are the Headwaters? Anyhow, they were the least expensive domestically produced wader in the line-up. I love them. My son-in-law works in the industry and is an Orvis guide so I've always had Orvis waders and haven't had the best of luck with them. Son-in-law forgot his waders 2 weeks back and borrowed mine, son-in-law is now also a big fan of Simms. Good to hear they took care of you.